Ducks abandoned in city advice please.

Cochin378

Songster
9 Years
Aug 12, 2010
recently went to Grand Rapids and I was walking down the board walk that goes right by the grand river that runs through the city. I was walking on the river walk and I saw this flock of ducks so I decided to look a little bit closer and then I saw something strange. On the river looking a little forlorn were three pekin ducks two males and one female. You could tell that they were rejected by the other group of ducks like they were just dropped there.
I am wondering who to call about them because they have no chance of surviving the freezing harsh winter weather. They will also ruin the native wild population of ducks if they breed with them. I fell so bad these are meant to be someone's pets and they are stuck in the middle of a large metropolitan area with a bad quality of life.
I work at a local wildlife rescue center but they don't cover that area.

Smart BYC'ers what should I do?
sad.png

does the rescue you work at have a list of other rescues in the area that might be able to pick them up? You could pick them up yourself and try to find them a home if you can't find a rescue group. Poor ducks
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom