Ducks and bees? :O

Quote:
last year i had wood bees at my house they made a hole in the structure of the house but never saw any inside so didnt worry about it and two years ago we had carpenter well actually the carpenter bees have always been there until we tore down the treehouse lol

Quote:
They are definitely NOT honey bees or bumble bees so I'm guessing no bee keepers would want them, but they are in fact carpenter bees from what I could see. I've only found one or two honey bee hives where we live and we've made notice to leave them be and make sure nothing disturbs them since honey bees are awesome lol.
I've only seen about 3 bees in total and I'm thinking that they may have actually left. I'm not as concerned anymore but thank you all for the advice!

If they are carpenter bees then you need to take care of it too, because the queen will never leave the wall and chew tunnels into the wood. They are really bad. We had them in the support beam of our front porch, and didn't even knew they were there. Eventually the porch sag and the beam broke. Any wasp or hornet spray will do. Spray it and caulk the holes shot. Then paint the wood so no other carpenter bee will feel invited.

Back
Top Bottom