Ducks are not eating and poop is green, small and very watery

Are they use to being inside? That can throw off eating.
And you have only fed the duck pellets nothing else like peas or lettuce?
I am not sure I'd be giving the oil. How are you giving it? you have to be very careful when giving liquids orally it doesn't go into their lungs.
What does their poop look like today?
Any other symptoms? could they have gotten into something that may have upset their stomachs?

I was going to ask all the same questions as Miss Lydia.
The only thing I can add to that is a lot of things will turn their poop green like if they have been eating grass or you've given them spinach or something like that.

I am not sure I'd be giving the oil. How are you giving it? you have to be very careful when giving liquids orally it doesn't go into their lungs.
Any other symptoms? could they have gotten into something that may have upset their stomachs?
They are used to going inside, I usually bring them inside for about a week about every month or so. They were raised inside. But the outside temp was pretty chilly and its warmer inside, I read that the quick temperature change could've messed with them.
And I only have fed them pellet food no veggies, I tried to fed them some lettuce yesterday when I realized they weren’t interested in the pellets but they didnt eat it.

I gave them each about 10 drops of mineral oil last night with a dropper. Im gonna going to do any more with a dropper because im afraid of that risk.
And their poop today is still the same, but there is more clumps of green. Towards the evening yesterday their poo was just water and greenish clear liquid.
And no other symptoms.

I was going to ask all the same questions as Miss Lydia.
The only thing I can add to that is a lot of things will turn their poop green like if they have been eating grass or you've given them spinach or something like that.
Nope theyve only eaten pellet food and theyve been inside since two days ago so no access to grass.

image.jpg
Any other symptoms? could they have gotten into something that may have upset their stomach
Here are some photos that they just pooed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    668.6 KB · Views: 1
A difference in temps can def mess them up. Going from cold outside to a warm inside really isn't that good for them. Or vice versa. Ducks can handle cold weather as long as they can stay out of extremes with a coop. They have a nice down undercoat.
It could be they are just not eating enough to make anything solid.
How was their appetite today?

A difference in temps can def mess them up. Going from cold outside to a warm inside really isn't that good for them. Or vice versa. Ducks can handle cold weather as long as they can stay out of extremes with a coop. They have a nice down undercoat.
It could be they are just not eating enough to make anything solid.
How was their appetite today?
They seemed more interested in food than yesterday, they were very excited for mealworms and would eat those 100%, I only gave them one or two. I am worried to feed them alot in case it is an intestinal blockage. But they are not super interested in pellets, theyve only had a little that was dissolved in water.
Tomorrow I am taking them to the vet.

Back
Top Bottom