Ducks bill is hurt

Pics
One of my ducks injured his bill pretty badly earlier this year. I used vetericyn spray 2x a day on his bill to keep it clean and help it heal. It took a long time, but besides a scar, his beak is perfectly fine now!

Can you post a picture? and have to looked around to see if there is a nail or something else sticking out that they can be doing this on? If it's a puncher I don't think your duck needs to be separated.
How is the other one doing?

Last edited:
Shadow is doing worse. Is there anything else I can do? Shadow has white around her wound and has yellow stuff coming out of it. I think the turkeys are the culprit, they chase the ducks and don't let them eat we are building the turkeys a run but with the bad weather that won't be for a while. Now another duck has a hurt bill, mean turkeys. What should we do with the turkey? They also made a chicken look like she broke her neck and part of a roosters comb came off.

Well you either eat them or you pen them up away from your other poultry before someone loses an eye.
Post a picture sounds like Shadow may have infection in that wound now. Saline rinse and antibiotic ointment packed inside. I'd do this in the evening so she doesn't wash it out over night.
She might need an antibiotic also.
If you have Veterycin spray that on her bill during the day.

Well you either eat them or you pen them up away from your other poultry before someone loses an eye.
Post a picture sounds like Shadow may have infection in that wound now. Saline rinse and antibiotic ointment packed inside. I'd do this in the evening so she doesn't wash it out over night.
She might need an antibiotic also.
If you have Veterycin spray that on her bill during the day.
Ok. We have veterycin spray and I will use it we can't eat our turkeys but we will build them a run. It's super dark out I will get a pic in the morning! So now three ducks have injured bills. What should we do to all of them? The same as shadow? I'm worried that the turkeys will kill a bird. Should we take shadow to the vet?

If you think there is an infection then it would be a good idea to let a vet look at her. They can prescribe an antibiotic which she may need. As for the turkey make something temporary to keep it away from your ducks. Is your turkey a tom or a hen? If a tom and you haven't any other turkeys could it be trying to mate with your ducks?

Back
Top Bottom