Ducks Cant decide.

I think with just two they won’t get overly noisy
I hope not. I know 4 of our neighbors like the eggs from our chickens we give them extra eggs that we cant eat. Usally when we have over 18 eggs we give them away. They wont mind at all.

Ive decided to get a welsh harlequin and a swedish blue! What do you all use for extra niacin? I will be feeding duckling starter and grower until 6 months old. Will i need to add extra niacin? Then i will switch to chicken layer feed. The ducks will also have a coop outside the chicken coop and run. But will have access to the chicken coop and run plus there own run.

Ive decided to get a welsh harlequin and a swedish blue! What do you all use for extra niacin? I will be feeding duckling starter and grower until 6 months old. Will i need to add extra niacin? Then i will switch to chicken layer feed. The ducks will also have a coop outside the chicken coop and run. But will have access to the chicken coop and run plus there own run.
I feed nutritional yeast 1tbs to 1cup feed till 10-12 weeks
I use chicken starter then switch to grower by 3 weeks and my ducks stay on grower with oyster shells in a side dish. I have boys and don’t want to give layer feed to them
So far cross my fingers and knock on wood never had any leg issues or niacin issues doing it this way
But I did have one get angel wing when I kept the starter feed not switching at 3 weeks my vet told me it was the feed and they need ti be switched by 3 weeks
Not had it happen since and he has fathered over 50 babies and none have got it so not in the genes

I feed nutritional yeast 1tbs to 1cup feed till 10-12 weeks
I use chicken starter then switch to grower by 3 weeks and my ducks stay on grower with oyster shells in a side dish. I have boys and don’t want to give layer feed to them
So far cross my fingers and knock on wood never had any leg issues or niacin issues doing it this way
But I did have one get angel wing when I kept the starter feed not switching at 3 weeks my vet told me it was the feed and they need ti be switched by 3 weeks
Not had it happen since and he has fathered over 50 babies and none have got it so not in the genes
Ok thank you! I plan on feeding Manna Pro duckling starter/grower is this good or bad, can i feed it until 6 months when i switch them to chicken layer feed?

Ok thank you! I plan on feeding Manna Pro duckling starter/grower is this good or bad, can i feed it until 6 months when i switch them to chicken layer feed?
Duck feed is much better then chicken so it’s great you are able to get it
I’m not able and it’s why I use chicken
As for layer feed you can switch them once they are laying
Most of my ducks started at 4-4.5 months old but just had 3 start now at 6 months
With winter and them not starting by 4.5 months I didn’t think they would till spring but surprise yesterday ri find little first eggs
Once your girls start you can switch them

Duck feed is much better then chicken so it’s great you are able to get it
I’m not able and it’s why I use chicken
As for layer feed you can switch them once they are laying
Most of my ducks started at 4-4.5 months old but just had 3 start now at 6 months
With winter and them not starting by 4.5 months I didn’t think they would till spring but surprise yesterday ri find little first eggs
Once your girls start you can switch them
I have to order it, but it will arrive in 2 days after i order it. I also stock up on feed.

Back
Top Bottom