Ducks Cant decide.

No one mentioned Runners! I love my little guys and gals. They are quiet, the girls are egg laying machines rarely missing a day even in the winter and they are so much fun to watch. They're just as friendly as any other duck breed, if you bribe them with their favorite treats. Mine love wheat sprouts!View attachment 3431690
Sadly my local feed store wouldnt have the runners in this year, but they will have them in next year! For now i got 2 welsh harlequins that will be in on Friday.

Hope yours are quieter than mine!
I hope so to. Our town said nothing about us getting them we talked to multiple people even the officer. There is not law against owning them, if i do get in trouble there is a place i could kerp them for a very short period of time.

It might be that my runners just don't have much to say, but they rarely make much noise. They have their own area surrounded with poultry netting plus solar charger. The gals just busy themselves running back and forth between the food dish and water then digging holes in the dirt.

Last edited:
It might be that my runners just don't have much to say, but they rarely make much noise. They have their own area surrounded with poultry netting plus solar charger. The gals just busy themselves running back and forth between the food dish and water then digging holes in the dirt.
Well i may change breeds. I had the ducks ordered at the local feed store. Went in yesterday to get feed and just to make sure they were ordered i asked. The lady said she got to busy and that she would get to the ordering. Now they wont be in until after April 1st and im charged with the Easter fee.

Well i may change breeds. I had the ducks ordered at the local feed store. Went in yesterday to get feed and just to make sure they were ordered i asked. The lady said she got to busy and that she would get to the ordering. Now they wont be in until after April 1st and im charged with the Easter fee.
Check craigslist for your area. I've bought and sold poultry on the site several times. This is hatching season, so you might find what you want!

Ive never thought of that i will definitely look!
So I looked a little on craigslist, is there a easier way to set the location closer? Every duck i found is more than 1 hour from me. It was picking up Michigan and Minnesota to. I haven't used Craigslist in a few years so i had to make a new account. Also i found a Facebook page that sells ducks, so im going to ask on there.

Back
Top Bottom