Ducks eating other ducks feather

Status
Not open for further replies.
it does but they only get 2-4 pea sized balls a day OR 1 bag if peas (like 12 oz) split between all 5 in a whole day. I didnt think it would make that big of a difference.
If you're not feeding your birds the proper hamburger then everything else that you feed makes a huge difference.

If you're not feeding your birds the proper hamburger then everything else that you feed makes a huge difference.
I think thats a rather far off example from reality but I get the point. Even if theyre eating 90% hamburger the 10% cake is affecting them negatively on a full and complete dietary need.

I think thats a rather far off example from reality but I get the point. Even if theyre eating 90% hamburger the 10% cake is affecting them negatively on a full and complete dietary need.
Yes. And your 12% protein feed is not good enough to begin with so by you feeding an 8% scratch/snack treat you are lowering their whole protein intake each day. Your birds are suffering... Which is why they are scrounging and eating feathers to try and get more protein that their little bodies need.

Are you able to buy a higher protein feed for them?

yes its called 8%, #8, or 8 way... now tell me how much protein is in 8 way scratch grain... I have said this before too but yall cant seem to read those comments. Just pull from PARTS you want to pull from ignoring the rest and getting WRONG (oh so wrong information) I never said the #8 scratch grain was 8% PROTEIN!!!!! and yall have such little class you KEEP attacking me for being tired of continuing to clarify this over and over and over again. Keep making assumption. Keep attacking me for what you dont know and ASSume. I had horses too... we feed sweet 12. What does the 12 mean it that? Does it mean protein like you all assumed in #8, 8%, 8 way scratch?
Sorry, I may have skipped over a bit...but 8% isn't just the name of the scratch. It clearly said 8% protein lol.
I'm happy you want to best for your ducks, but they need the right food, too.

btw my son is already going to look for the mazuri feed or something else comperable. Wouldve done it yesterday if not for scheduling. Even for all the negative comments its not going to stop me feom trying to do what is best for my pets. Even if they are pets thrust upin me and not decided by me to get LOL

Sorry, I may have skipped over a bit...but 8% isn't just the name of the scratch. It clearly said 8% protein lol.
I'm happy you want to best for your ducks, but they need the right food, too.
this is a problem weve had all over this thread. Yes is clearly says 8% but thats what its called not the protein content. plus the pic of their treats showing 8% protein has really caused a lot of confusion thanks tho.

this is a problem weve had all over this thread. Yes is clearly says 8% but thats what its called not the protein content. plus the pic of their treats showing 8% protein has really caused a lot of confusion thanks tho.
When it comes to poultry and livestock feed the percentage number in the feed is the protein percent...
Across the board...no matter if it's for horse foods or duck food or chicken food.

Oh, okay. I thought it clearly stated, 8% Crude Protein, but I must have misunderstood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom