Ducks eating other ducks feather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch is a very broad term used to describe grain and seed mixes for poultry which is what I was referring to instead of saying "Snack". I'm just going to tag some others for help and bow out. I hope you get the answers that you are looking for. @Isaac 0 @Overo Mare @Quatie
yes, for grain and seed mixed. Not for treats. I wouldnt consider a compressed ball of nutritional powder held together with molasses any kind of scratch. ESPECIALLY when they only get 2-4 per day and was preciously described this way in a previous comment...Id appreciate you removing those tags. I dont want your friends coming to attack me next just because you have something else to go do. Especially if they will ignore what I have said like you have.

Actually I think Im done here. If I could delete the thread I would. Ppl want to attack me instead of being helpful. Ive explained and no one wants to read the comments, they just want to look at the pictures and berate me, or scan comments and make ridiculous statements and misconstrue facts Ive previously stated. Except for addctd2plts. They actually tried to help. Thats 1 comment out of all of them. I am just so disappointed after other threads Ive read here that seemed so helpful to those asking the same questions I had instead of attacking them. Either way I wont be back to this thread.

Nobody is attacking you. Every reply I saw was from well respected members trying to help you. They are gobbling feathers, so obviously their current diet is not balanced or okay. Nobody is judging you here. Lord knows we've all lived and learned. We have to start somewhere in the learning game. We're trying to help you here with a proper diet.

I personally would stop all "snacks" and "scratch" and give them a 100% balanced diet like the Mazuri Waterfowl or something like Flock Raiser.

For treats, give them fresh stuff like peas and veggies. Black soldier fly larva are also great in small quantities. Anything other than their balanced feed is considered a treat. Treats should make up no more than 10% of their diet. That's roughly 1 T. per bird, per day.

I feed a 18% crumble and give everyone peas 3-5 times a week. Sometimes I'll give peas every day, but they don't need them so it's okay if I miss a day. I get to hear all about skimping on the peas the next time they get them though lol.

Nobody is attacking you. Every reply I saw was from well respected members trying to help you. They are gobbling feathers, so obviously their current diet is not balanced or okay. Nobody is judging you here. Lord knows we've all lived and learned. We have to start somewhere in the learning game. We're trying to help you here with a proper diet.

I personally would stop all "snacks" and "scratch" and give them a 100% balanced diet like the Mazuri Waterfowl or something like Flock Raiser.

For treats, give them fresh stuff like peas and veggies. Black soldier fly larva are also great in small quantities. Anything other than their balanced feed is considered a treat. Treats should make up no more than 10% of their diet. That's roughly 1 T. per bird, per day.

I feed a 18% crumble and give everyone peas 3-5 times a week. Sometimes I'll give peas every day, but they don't need them so it's okay if I miss a day. I get to hear all about skimping on the peas the next time they get them though lol.
I dont care what you feed or what you do. I care about being respected enough to be left alone when I said I was done with this thread. Ive only heard the same crap about 10 times already because only 1 person didnt belittle me about 8% protein feed that was clearly stated and pictured as treats NOT FEED. Which I felt VERY disrespected by those harping on me for something they misinterpreted and that I have asked for it to stop and none of you seem to have the respect to do so. Addctd2plnts not incuded as they were the ONLY one not all over the 8% treats everyone was belittling me for feeding as feed. I guess you didnt read "snacks are just that... snacks" or "thats like giving a kid candy and vitamins and saying they'll be fine". That to me is just as disrespectful as taking my comment stating their FEED says 12% protein and their snacks are 8% and harping on me about 8% protein in ther FEED. That isnt helpful or respectful and I ONCE AGAIN would appreciate this to stop. You obviously didnt look at EVERY reply.

oh and miss lydia... at least she had enough class to apologize for misinterpreting treats for feed and not continue here. No one else has bothered apologizing. They just keep skimming comments or looking at pictures and making hurtful comments with false information. Thanks so much for all that...help, and coming at me some more. Real classy and REAL helpful

I read EVERY reply. You are the only one being rude or disrespectful here. Good luck. You clearly know what you're doing.
wow... as I checked my email I said.lets see who had to be the "I am right" Karen today. We need more.people on here like Ms Lydia and addcted2plnts and fewer "I am right even when I am wrong" Karens here. It sure will be a releif when I stop getting emails and notifications for this thread. I just dont know if the karen can stop.

I dont care what you feed or what you do. I care about being respected enough to be left alone when I said I was done with this thread. Ive only heard the same crap about 10 times already because only 1 person didnt belittle me about 8% protein feed that was clearly stated and pictured as treats NOT FEED. Which I felt VERY disrespected by those harping on me for something they misinterpreted and that I have asked for it to stop and none of you seem to have the respect to do so. Addctd2plnts not incuded as they were the ONLY one not all over the 8% treats everyone was belittling me for feeding as feed. I guess you didnt read "snacks are just that... snacks" or "thats like giving a kid candy and vitamins and saying they'll be fine". That to me is just as disrespectful as taking my comment stating their FEED says 12% protein and their snacks are 8% and harping on me about 8% protein in ther FEED. That isnt helpful or respectful and I ONCE AGAIN would appreciate this to stop. You obviously didnt look at EVERY reply.

Your 12% isn't good enough... especially since you feed daily snacks/treats/junk foods.

Your birds are suffering because they are not getting enough protein because you are not feeding them a balanced diet.

Wow.
Just read through this thread and then re-read it again.
The very first statement I see from the offended person is this one.
Screenshot_20211120-082351.png

That reads to me as if the 8 percent scratch is what they were using as feed too. 🤷‍♀️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom