Ducks feet and legs peeling?

momsbusybee

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 7, 2012
Oklahoma
Is it normal for a ducks legs and feet to peel all the time? And I'm waiting for my order for Brewers Yest to come in the mail and will that help with the leg and feet peeling?

Last edited:
Is this the behavior you're describing?

0.jpg

Is this a duckling? If so, then yes this does happen sometimes and it's nothing to worry about. Just seems to happen with some of them as they grow.

Is this a duckling? If so, then yes this does happen sometimes and it's nothing to worry about. Just seems to happen with some of them as they grow.
Yes he isn't full grown yet was born in March and he is my special needs duck, he lives in the house with us

Ah, ok. That's older than I usually see ducks with dry, peeling legs and feet. I've had this happen before with young ducklings (couple weeks old) that are raised inside. Maybe he's getting dried out from the air conditioning/heat you have inside the house? Whatever it is, it seems to just happen to ducklings raised inside from my experience.

Ah, ok. That's older than I usually see ducks with dry, peeling legs and feet. I've had this happen before with young ducklings (couple weeks old) that are raised inside. Maybe he's getting dried out from the air conditioning/heat you have inside the house? Whatever it is, it seems to just happen to ducklings raised inside from my experience.
Do you know if there is anything I can put on his legs and feet to help them? Yeah I have outside ducks as well but I haven't seen there legs and feet peel like his. He don't act like it's bothering him.

Back
Top Bottom