ducks fighting

sweeetpea92

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 19, 2015
I have a pair of pie call ducks and i have two grey males and one mixed breed female. Today when i put the pair in with the others all three male chased my pie female and started to attack her to breed. Then the males started fighting of who could be with her is there something i can do. I have the pair by them self again but i will have to put them back together after breeding season is done. Is it because i have to many males to females?

I forgot the cute pic to go with the post

That is the two grey males and mix female

This is the pair of pie and as you can tell the back of her head is bald

I have a pair of pie call ducks and i have two grey males and one mixed breed female. Today when i put the pair in with the others all three male chased my pie female and started to attack her to breed. Then the males started fighting of who could be with her is there something i can do. I have the pair by them self again but i will have to put them back together after breeding season is done. Is it because i have to many males to females?

Yep. One male to three-five females is a good ratio. Too many males can be really bad for the girls.

I agree, totally adorable! Er...the call ducks, not the fact that they're fighting.
hide.gif

Try asking Clousert, Lacrystol or 18Angovem, they all have calls, although they may or may not be laying. If you want adult birds, you could always check out Metzer Farms. We have a buy/sell/trade forum here on BYC, you could try there, as well!

Back
Top Bottom