Ducks Have Ruined Me!...**pics Added*** Anconas Hatching Now!!!

I got a chocolate and white ancona!! My husband is thrilled! (weirdo!) hehe

So if I had a silver one, what would it look like?? There is another one that looks dark grey and white (yellow), so wonder what that would be?
I just can't seem to get the colors on camera to show up the same.

I am just thrilled!!

Well...... It's so hard to say--but I think a silver would look mostly yellow with a silvery tint to the feathers. To be honest, I've only raised one silver baby, so I'm not an expert on duckling color ID. It's just that the pictures of your baby look like the blue on my blue babies. It is true that blue can be highly variable in shade. I've got a silver Runner drake in my batch of Holderread's, as well as four blues, and the blues range from pale grey to dark slate grey. The ducklings are the same way in terms of variability. So it's possible that you have two blues.

But it's also possible that you have a blue and a silver... I am just guessing, and your guess is probably as good as mine. I wish someone with more expertise than I would chime in...

The only thing I'm really quite sure of is that they are adorable and that I want one.
tongue.png

Quote:
LOL, I don't know about that! I'm pretty aclimated and am raising two little farm princesses....
smile.png

Gorgeous babies! Congratulations on your hatchlings and your new found obsession! We dived in pretty deep this year, fun stuff!!!

Farm princesses!! ROFL

I was a "farm princess" and my parents still laugh about how dirt seemed attracted to me like a magnet. They love to tell how Grandma dressed me for church one morning and set me on a bench and told me not to move so my dress would stay clean. I did exactly as I was told, but my dress didn't stay clean: A bird flew over and pooped on the arm of my dress.

My three boys *have* acclimated me to messes though. As much as my parents laugh about how dirty I was, I don't think they had any clue just how messy it *can* be. OMG.

Aren't they cute!! I now have 11 of those cuties!! 3 chocolate and white, 2 silver or blue and white, and 6 black and white!
How exciting!!

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL, no kidding. I'm always afraid when I go to the store someone is wondering "Why on earth doesn't that woman take some pride in her children and clean them up!" LOL. Everytime, without fail, my youngest will have a fall (or just a good roll) in the mud before we leave. It has become predictable. The best is when they dress themselves in their old Christmas dresses, or some other poofed out princessy type thing, do up their hair with peacock feathers and more barrets that I ever thought could possibly be attached to their cute little heads, add a dab of my lip gloss, and then proceed out to the yard to make mud pies for their perspective Prince Charmings and the visiting Unicorns. LOL. If it wasn't so funny I might get sick of it. Seriously need to hose them and everything off when they are done. But just too much kid fun to pass up...
smile.png

Those babies are so cute! I just love kids with ducks!

Back
Top Bottom