Ducks in winter

Yes. That and my ducks tend to go thru at least 3 gallons water per day.

I'm glad you found a setup that works well for your flock. Where are you located? I ask bcz there are several folks in my state thread using a waterer like you've described.
We're in the mountains of SW Virginia. We had a recent cold snap into the mid-teens, not a lick of ice int heir waterer. That is with a 40w appliance bulb. If I see ice in the bowl I will up the wattage of the bulb little by little. I have to have the appliance bulbs around the house anyway! :) Hope that helps you out!

I can't have a heated bucket because there is no where to plug it in. I have been giving them water in the morning and then I dump it before they are put up for the night. They have been doing fine with this. Does this sound like a good method? No, I never give my ducks food without water.

I can't have a heated bucket because there is no where to plug it in. I have been giving them water in the morning and then I dump it before they are put up for the night. They have been doing fine with this. Does this sound like a good method? No, I never give my ducks food without water.

How cold are you though? i have to refill water here at least twice a day, it freezes over otherwise.. then i was -22C this am so i guess that would be why lol

Back
Top Bottom