WannaBeHillBilly

Addict
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Sep 2, 2018
Big Chimney, WV
My Coop
My Coop
Finally i've had enough of the swamp between the house and the duck-platform and started to dig a drainage ditch
20181204_152830.jpg The Duckies loved it! After just seconds they looked like little piggies, ran off to the pool, came back, looked like piggies again, ran to the pool, …
Oh, yes the pool. - There is so much dirt in there that it clogged the drainage hose!
:barnie
Edit: Forgot to attach the video:

Last edited:
We had an incredibly wet summer, and the ditch along the road not only filled with water, it overflowed into the fenced yard. The ducks were thrilled!!! No longer did they have to waddle into a plastic baby pool -- they could swim like wild ducks! Imagine their disappointment when the waters receded. I'm sure they wish I was ambitious enough to dig them their own drainage ditch. Loved the video. You have a nice flock of project managers.

When we had several weeks of rain, the clay soil of my backyard became a mudhole. Slowly over the 15 years we've been in this house, the water has created a depression off of the concrete slab. I guess it's where the water runs from the neighbors, since we are slightly "downhill" form them, and out of our yard. The ducks turned about 15 sq ft of yard into a mudhole that did not recede or dry up fast. It made life hard on us, the cleaners of the pool and filters, but made life awesome for them. We are currently, slowly, filling in the river to prevent this from happening in the spring when the spring rains come.

But, mud rules. And they do look cute when they are covered in it.

Great video, where's Limpy?
Limpy made several round-trips to the pool, but by the time i grabbed my phone (slide to the patio, pull off the boots, walk inside, search that darn phone, walk back out, pull the boots on, slide back to the ditch) he decided that the pool is now muddy enough for him and stayed there.

Back
Top Bottom