Ducks one with tiny bone in hock poking against skin other leg does not match and one with hock swollen & foot goes behind when laying down

Ashprop22

Hatching
Jul 10, 2023
One of my ducks has what feels like an edge of a tiny bone poking agains skin,other leg does not match and feels normal has a limp can still move leg and walk.. the other duck has a swollen hock and leg goes behind her when laying down really affects her walking slays down more than she walk and both can still swim.. both had a niacinDeficientcy when I get them. Saved with Brewers yeast. Dunno why this keeps happening two ducks down in a months time.. also is it better for ducks to be in water or can they stay on land.

One of my ducks has what feels like an edge of a tiny bone poking agains skin,other leg does not match and feels normal has a limp can still move leg and walk.. the other duck has a swollen hock and leg goes behind her when laying down really affects her walking slays down more than she walk and both can still swim.. both had a niacinDeficientcy when I get them. Saved with Brewers yeast. Dunno why this keeps happening two ducks down in a months time.. also is it better for ducks to be in water or can they stay on land.
Possible tendon out of place
@Miss Lydia

Can you post pictures? show us where your feeling this. Ducks should have the choice to either hang out on land or go into the water for swimming and washing.

Can you post pictures? show us where your feeling this. Ducks should have the choice to either hang out on land or go into the water for swimming and washing.
Okay good I have them pool well more like the big watering trough I buried in the ground for them to swim in I just didn't know if they needed to spend more time in the water than on land. I will take the pictures when I get home from work

Back
Top Bottom