Ducks still not laying after 2.5 months

PaintedDuckling

Hatching
Apr 5, 2021
Hi there,
I have three younger ducks from 1-2 years old that I purchased from some farmers in the area. However, it has been 2.5 months now that I have had them and there hasnt been a single egg. I expected it to take at least a couple weeks for them to get acclamated to their new home but it seems like they should have started or layed at least one egg by now.

Two are Khakis and one is a blue sweedish. I know for sure that they are all female based on their coloring and the fact that they dont have the curly tail feather; but I added a light to increase their "day light" hours, keep their food stocked, and their pond clean, but nothing seems to work.

I have them on a chicken layer feed which has 18% protein instead of the 19% recommended for ducks; however, I read somewhere that ducks do fine on chicken feed as long as they are all female.

If you have any input or advice I would be thrilled to hear!

Thanks for listening.

Not really, the go and wiggle their way around a small garden that hasn’t been planted yet. It is just bare ground covered in hay, so they waddle around it but probably only eat a couple bugs here and there in the dirt.

Back
Top Bottom