Ducks wintering "poolside"

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Dusky Beauty, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Dusky Beauty

Dusky Beauty Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2011
    Far West Phoenix
    My ducks have discovered that I don't put chemicals in the in ground pool during the wintertime, and have taken over!! Enjoy the video.

I may have to flush the water and clean up the sides before I start "seasoning" it for spring again, but by then they will be fenced out... and they just love it soooo much!

2. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Looks like they are having a blast! I gave our ducks water this morning and it was quite frozen when I just went out to check on them. Lucky ducks!

3. Tahai

Tahai Chillin' With My Peeps

That took me to my happy space. Thanks [​IMG]

4. veronicasmom

veronicasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    What a great video!!! Beautiful ducks.
    Makes me wish I had something big for my ducks to swim in...........I have the summer pool, which is pretty good sized, but NOTHING like that! And I think the scovies will be hogging it. So maybe two pools next year.......great hubby will LOVE that.
    Anyway, enjoyed your ducks. Thanks.

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    That is so cool, just listening to their happy voices!! saw some of the boys being frisky too. lol Thanks for sharing.

6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

7. poultry09

poultry09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    Rainier, Oregon
    IT IS SO FUN TO WATCH DUCKS WHEN THEY FIRST GET INTO THE POOL OR POND THEY GET REALLY HIPER AND SPLASH DIVE AN JUMP. IT IS REALY FUNNY WHEN ONE DUCK DIVES UNDER WATER AND IT TRIES TO COME BACK UP AND COMES UP UNDER ANOTHER DUCK AND THAT ONE GETS FREAKED OUT AND JUMPS UP IN THE AIR [​IMG]

8. Chic_girl

Chic_girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Near Columbus OH
    Duck torpedos! They look so happy and cute! I liked watching them rocket around the surface of the pool [​IMG]

My duckies are so jealous. Currently, they are huddled in their hutch, too annoyed with the snow to venture over to the pond...

9. lin48

lin48 New Egg

Jan 11, 2012
    so. il.
    1I know they are happy, but, boy are they going to make a mess out of that pool!

10. fisharescary

fisharescary Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    heeheeee that was great. Thanks for posting!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by