Ducks with injured feet? Redness that grows

JoshuaNg

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2023
I have two White Layer ducks and the smaller (I am assuming runt since he still is not fully feathered compared to the other duck who feathered about 2 weeks ago) has these red feet. I am not sure if they are broken blood vessels, too cold, or something else. Google hasn't given en any answers so I wanted to ask here. He isnt struggling to run, walk, or forage. No signs of limpness so I wonder if there is anything i should do? This duck seems to get every problem imaginable.
20231028_112029.jpg

I have two White Layer ducks and the smaller (I am assuming runt since he still is not fully feathered compared to the other duck who feathered about 2 weeks ago) has these red feet. I am not sure if they are broken blood vessels, too cold, or something else. Google hasn't given en any answers so I wanted to ask here. He isnt struggling to run, walk, or forage. No signs of limpness so I wonder if there is anything i should do? This duck seems to get every problem imaginable. View attachment 3670235
Something that might be helpful to know, it is quite cold at night in CA at this moment so I turned their baby brooder plate upside down so they can sit on the heated side when they get cold at night. They love it and sit multiple times per day. I am not sure if they are hurting their feet by sitting on it...just a note. It is on low power so it isn't too hot

Looks sort of like bruising is there any way he could have been stepped on or got his foot caught underneath something? You could soak in warm Epsom salt water just don't let the duckling drink it.

My brooder plate gets too warm to let mine actually stand on it.

Looks sort of like bruising is there any way he could have been stepped on or got his foot caught underneath something? You could soak in warm Epsom salt water just don't let the duckling drink it.

My brooder plate gets too warm to let mine actually stand on it.
I dont think there is anything that can potentially pinch their webbing. There is about a 6 inch wall separating their swimming tub and hay bedded area. Could having this be causing the issue?

Attachments

• 16985180396625810325127953172330.jpg
    16985180396625810325127953172330.jpg
    709.9 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom