ducks with waterer question

When i brooded my first 4.. we had a massive cold snap so i did it in the house
roll.png
I just put the water bowl on a small cookie sheet lol HOnestly though ducks ARE messy but they need the water to be dunk-able so your somewhat stuck dealing with the mess.. it was much better when they went to live outside
wink.png

i knew they were messy, but didnt know this messy lol, cant wait till spring lol, i had the adults in too and i just brought them to a coop outside since they can handle the cold alittle better, but the coop they're in is very warm, nicely insulated. so that'll cut down the mess alittle bit. it wasnt really a whole lot about the mess but the smell. wet wood chips, plus poop didnt mix lol.

Oh yeah, for face dunking I have dishes they can play in while I'm refilling water, adding food, and cleaning. Gives me a reason to hold them daily. The water sports happen in a plastic tote for mixing concrete in. The older they get, the more water I put in the bottom for swimming.

If I'm fairly busy, I use a dog automatic water dish on the wire platform... they can drink and dunk there whole head in it all day. The big birds outside have a pool outside, and the drinker is inside by the food. Keeping the food inside keeps out the rain and other little birds... and water needs to be near the food.

Back
Top Bottom