Ducks

CHicks71

Hatching
Aug 13, 2019
I have a Drake that keeps wanting to breed with another Drake. They have several girls to breed with. I’ve had to separate them and I feel horrible for putting the one Drake up. He doesn’t have a pond to splash around in.

Drakes can be a handful. Unfortunately, separating them is really the only thing that works. Hopefully in another month he calms down. I have one girl that is terribly beat up from my drake, she is his favorite. I am afraid if I separate them that he will just choose a new favorite and then she will get beat up too. Is there a way you can alternate which drake is with the pool and the ladies? Or maybe you can get him a small stock tank to splash in like this...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FK46IG/?tag=backy-20

My ducks free range during the day & put up at night. I put the one Drake in with my Polish and I’m afraid if I put a tub in there my Polish will drown themselves

My ducks free range during the day & put up at night. I put the one Drake in with my Polish and I’m afraid if I put a tub in there my Polish will drown themselves

Does the drake have access to a pool during the day sometimes? He certainly doesn't need pool water in his house at night, that is a disaster waiting to happen.

Back
Top Bottom