due friday white silkies there here PICS

kasey08

Aunt Kasey's Farm
9 Years
Mar 29, 2010
Scottsboro, AL
i have a white nonbearded silkie hen sitting on 2 of her eggs 2 of another hens egg i think she laid them the day after( she kinda stole them lol) so does this mean they will hatch different days? and she is still in the pen with a roo is this ok? i am so excited about this
celebrate.gif

3 have hatched the red chick is an egg i stuck under her still 2 more eggs

52562_imag0548.jpg

52562_imag0546.jpg

52562_imag0539.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with broody hens (unfortunately), but I think one day might be ok. I have heard others say that mom will abandon the nest after a couple days to take the chicks that hatched to food. I would think that one day difference might be ok.

Good luck!!

I can only speak from my experience with the the rooster.My silkies are all in togather with my rooster,he is the nicest rooster I have ever seen,will help take care of the chicks.And my eggs hatched two and three days apart and things were fine.

Roosters are the BEST with babies usually. Another hen will sometime kill or at least try to kill them. I have a wonderful silkie roo in my grow-out pen with all the youngsters from age 4 weeks to 5 months. They all get along great. The roo will get in the nest box and let the kids pile in around him.

Back
Top Bottom