Dumb chickens

RebelFord81

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Aug 7, 2023
Windham, Ohio
Anyone else have dumb chickens? Lol I bought these waters
Screenshot_20231016_154731_Amazon Shopping.jpg
I've tried for 2 months to get them to use them. I've filled the cups multiple times for them with no avail. Alas I have no ordered these cups to see of they will use them 🙄
Screenshot_20231016_154702_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I tried the first type you show without luck but the cups without the levers work very well. I’m not so sure it’s that they are dumb, but perhaps lazy in my case. While several of them knew how to use it, they usually waited for another pullet to do the work (press the lever) before running up to drink the water.

Mine don't even try they sit dry as a bone until I fill them up. They will run outside every morning and drink from the regular waterer in the run when the door opens. I full up the cups at night when I put them in 🙄 I was trying to convert to a 5 gallon bucket system instead of this old style

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231016_172848_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20231016_172848_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
I tried the first type you show without luck but the cups without the levers work very well. I’m not so sure it’s that they are dumb, but perhaps lazy in my case. While several of them knew how to use it, they usually waited for another pullet to do the work (press the lever) before running up to drink the water.
Mine are the exact same way. Its generally 2 of the 6 that will peck at the yellow lever. When either one of those two do that, the rest come running. 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom