Dumbest Questions or Comments You Have Received About Birds

Lady: (holds out a chick feeder at flea market) Would you like to buy a old country style candy dish?

Me: Ummmm exuse me but thats a bitty feeder...

Lady: A WHAT feeder im sorry but you have clearly gone crackers if you were to feed WHAT EVERS from this PRICE LESS Candy dish

Me: Tisk tisk tisk "shakes head sadly"

I was showing some family members the birds, and my grandma saw my Buckeye hen run by, and she asked " that one lays eggs right?" Yes Grandma all hens lay eggs
roll.png

While talking to family member (during a chicken dinner) about our meat chickens, the family member said "thats gross I could never eat a chicken" and then took a bite of .....BBQ chicken

My mom sent me an email that links chicken DNA to dinosaurs. She then lectured me that chickens are dangerous and unpredictable and I shouldn't allow my young children around them. I proceeded to say, "You're right mom, I remember hearing about all those people being attacked and killed by their backyard chickens." She would've said anything to convince my husband and me that owning chickens was a bad idea. Obviously that didn't work.

Quote:
I experienced the opposite of this last week while visiting the Hogle Zoo in SLC Utah. The zoo has a small flock of un-caged wild turkey (for bug control, they also have guineas and OEGBs) and while I was looking at them with my sons a woman walked by and said "oh look at the pretty peacocks!"
th.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
don't know whether to
lau.gif
or
roll.png
WHY are some people so against raising chickens and having fresh eggs (especially the people who have demonstrated repeatedly that they know NOTHING about chickens? I don't get it...
idunno.gif

I will admit, this is my family's 1st year with chickens and there's a lot we don't know, but...

sitting on the deck last night, DH pointed out our partridge rock hen who is (due to her breed) bigger than the others

dh: I bet ya we have a rooster.

me: no we don't.

dh: but look at her, why is she so big? (note he said "her" and "she")

me: her breed is larger than the other girls

dh: well I think she's a rooster.

me: dear, roosters don't lay eggs

dh: how do you know?

roll.png

edited to say: now I can't speak from experience, because I've never had roosters, but I'm pretty confident they don't lay eggs
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom