Dumbest thing youve heard someone say about chickens or Farm animals ?

I went to a family friend's house to pick up some eggs to test my bator with. While we were talking, one of her hens sat beside me and laid a rubber egg. So my friend says why don't you take that one as well, not realizing it was a rubber egg as I picked it up. So as I did pick it up, I said, "oh, it's a rubber egg." She replies with "they are all soft like that at first, that's why they are so easy to lay"
th.gif
This woman has been raising chickens for 20 years....

My little brother wants to take our rooster, when it is all grown up, and train it to do tricks and guard his stuff from my other little brother
roll.png
(Who is younger than him) What he doesn't understand is that we are going to eventually eat the rooster.
big_smile.png

Quote:
She might be another one of the posters saying that some dude she used to work with who thought brown eggs came from African chickens! :lol

Quote:
I get that, but with ducks. (Even after I explain how I don't have a male, so they aren't fertile!)
idunno.gif

Exactly!
tongue.png

I was feeding the hens when I saw a woman looking at my neighbors house that was for sale. "Hello." I called. She looked at my face, then the pullet on my shoulder, then to my poop covered shirt, and back to my face. She didn't say anything, and just kept walking. Later on, when she thought I was gone, the lady went outside to look at my neighbour's garden. I did my best rooster crow. She left.

Half an hour later a family with three young girls arived at the house for sale. They were interested in the hens and pullets. I showed them some warm eggs and they got very excited. I hope the family buys the house.

I remember after a long discussion about chickens some of the guys at work concluded that unfertilized eggs are gross, and fertilized ones are good.
Their reasoning is that:
"the fertilized one is kind of a chicken, like eating meat!"
"the unfertilized ones are just chicken periods!"

Even though they are technically right.... in a way. Still sounded funny. For the next few months whenever they saw someone eating an egg they would scream "eww!!! that weirdos eating a chickens period!!" Most of the crew got scarred from this idea and went off eggs for a while too LOL

Back
Top Bottom