Dumbest thing youve heard someone say about chickens or Farm animals ?

My sisters husband came over for a BBQ and we got to talking about the chickens... He asks me what we are going to do with them and I told him that some were for laying and some were for meat, I proceeded to tell him that we have too many roo's and we would end up using most of them for meat. So he says "but isn't the rooster what you get the eggs from?"
ep.gif
I was almost going to laugh at him thinking he was making a joke, until I seen the look on his face, OMG he was serious!!!!! Took a bit of distraction to keep from laughing my butt off but I managed to explain to him how it worked with a straight face whew!

Quote:
You can do that since budgies are parakeets, I just like "budgie" so I can call my birds "pudgy budgie" when they aren't pudgy. How about Melopsittacus Undulatus? (their sci. name)

You could also call then the translation of their aboriginal name. When white people pointed at budgies and asked what they were, the aboriginals said Bet-cherry-gah, so the white guys took that as Budgerigar. The aboriginals hadn't actually told them the name of the BIRD they were looking at, they were actually saying "good food", that the birds were good to eat!!

Budgerigar = Good Food
lau.gif

Amuses me so now when people say they love budgerigars lol

Hey!
somad.gif

Quote:
no plastic ones, they lay the kind you see at easter....

geez. my brother told me i better get rid of my rooster since my hens started laying, OR i wouldnt be Able to EAT the eggs. ?????? Why i asked and he told me that when i cracked the eggs there would be chickens in them....... most ppl think you Need a rooster to get eggs, NOT the other way round.

i know!!!!!! so many ppl have asked me if u needed a rooster to get eggs iv lost count!!!!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom