Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

The cake is delicious
1f924.png
My mom has a massive sweet tooth, which is why it has surprised me that she hasn't caved yet.

Oh no those chickens are meant to be in those tiny nasty cages. It's their job don't ya know? According to my mom anyway.

I spend so much $$ on my chickens and the eggs aren't good enough for half my family to eat
1f611.png
Because they refuse to eat them.
Agreed. I had some eggs at work this past week because it was staff appreciation week and they tasted bad
1f922.png

Wow I can't believe she hasn't eaten it yet! Just leave it out long enough and she will :p

Lol oh yeah, how could I forget.

And wow really!? My brother takes so many of ours hah they love them.

The cake is delicious
1f924.png
My mom has a massive sweet tooth, which is why it has surprised me that she hasn't caved yet.

Oh no those chickens are meant to be in those tiny nasty cages. It's their job don't ya know? According to my mom anyway.

I spend so much $$ on my chickens and the eggs aren't good enough for half my family to eat
1f611.png
Because they refuse to eat them.
Agreed. I had some eggs at work this past week because it was staff appreciation week and they tasted bad
1f922.png

With my girls' eggs and so much of my food homegrown, it's hard for me to eat out anymore. I prefer my own. Now, I understand why my cooking instructor when asked many years ago, how she cooked like that and stayed so trim, she answered "I only eat the best, and I don't get that often". Ditto. We just had "teacher/staff appreciation week, too, and the lasagna made by someone with the PTSO made me gag. Couldn't get the smell out of my head all day. I make my own from scratch, Including the pasta. It's fabulous, so I'm spoiled. I brought my own lunch to work for the rest of the week.

We had a realtor over looking at our house, because we're thinking of moving to the country and wanted an educated guess on the value of our current home.
Long story short, we need to do a lot of work to get the best price. The realtor suggested that I "Promise all your friends a dozen eggs a week each, if they help you!"
Considering she could see my entire yard from where she was standing, she must have seen that I only have 2 laying hens.... I guess she was one of those who thinks chickens lay multiple eggs a day??
I'm lucky if I get 10-12 eggs each week.
roll.png

She isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. I think the perfume she wears has her high as a kite. It sure leaves me dizzy every time I see her....

My partner looked dispirited when he came home from a business trip to Sacramento: "I had a hardboiled egg at the continental breakfast, and that used to be fine. But I couldn't even finish it this time--the yolk was basically gray, and so bland. Our eggs have ruined me."

Poor babe! Now we can never stop keeping chickens...all a part of my master plan! :lol:

My partner looked dispirited when he came home from a business trip to Sacramento: "I had a hardboiled egg at the continental breakfast, and that used to be fine. But I couldn't even finish it this time--the yolk was basically gray, and so bland. Our eggs have ruined me."

Poor babe! Now we can never stop keeping chickens...all a part of my master plan!
lol.png

I pretty much had the same experience this weekend when I thought, "I'm nuts for keeping up with chickens when I live alone and I'm 71 years old. It'd be easier just to buy eggs". That lasted about 60 seconds when I thought about how the ones from the store taste. bleech! Plus, I'd miss the destructive little critters. So, I'll probably have them until the day I die. Once you've had them, you can't go back.

Back
Top Bottom