Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

That's for sure! I have friends and people at work chomping at the bit for my girls to up their output and have extra. They've just begun laying. It will be a pleasure to give them to people who truly appreciate fresh eggs! I think the chicken reproductive system is one of the most interesting things I have ever learned.

Yeah, I have truly bored some people with my chicken stories also. Now I know who really is interested and try to limit my excitement to those few. What makes them think I want to hear about their kids when their eyes glaze over with chicken talk. Which are WAY more interesting!

Perhaps you can offer her this book :lau

Half of my 6 chickens have started laying. I'm hoping one will find it in their heart to lay a golden egg to help reimburse me for their Taj Mahal coop and run that I built them. I was so sure I could do it cheaper than buying one. NOT! But it will definitely last!

My insurance agent came out yesterday and was asking me about eggs- he said "so are your duck eggs like, half the size of chicken eggs?" when I said they were about 30% larger his eyes got huge! He said "I guess I better stay in my lane of things" hahaha.

My friend's father in law won't eat the eggs I send home with him. He says the green ones look rotten. My friend's wife won't eat them either. Not sure if it was the fact that worms and bugs are in my eggs because they eat them or the "football" (egg completely smeared in mud and poo found in the coop floor) she saw once when I was collecting. He doesn't mind, they've become his breakfast staple.

I took a pic of my rotten eggs the other day. Disgusting, right?

Beautiful

We adopted our 6 chicks from TSC. When we were looking at what type of feed to purchase there was a 35# bag and a 40# bag. I was looking at the ingredients and comparing. I asked the worker how long she thought the 40# bag would last for 6 chicks, she told me, "About 2 weeks." I thought I heard her wrong or she misspoke so I asked again, "About 2 weeks." EAT UP CHICKS!!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom