Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
You cant fix stupid. Ron White. There are stupid people in the suburbs, rural country, every demographic. Hopefully they are sprinkled around equitably, so no one neighbor is influxed with stupid people. I just hope the woman who baked her chicken eggs did not FERTILIZE any of her own eggs and reproduce. But I would bet she did!

You cant fix stupid. Ron White. There are stupid people in the suburbs, rural country, every demographic. Hopefully they are sprinkled around equitably, so no one neighbor is influxed with stupid people. I just hope the woman who baked her chicken eggs did not FERTILIZE any of her own eggs and reproduce. But I would bet she did!

She did and apparently runs a lawn cutting business with her son!! scary!

I live in the largest thoroughbred horse breeding town in the world! Our claim to fame. We run the risk of flying around in a corner to a horse standing in the middle of the road!

Thank you regarding my husband. He'll like that. He was in So America in the 80s and saw some horrendous stuff. He has severe PTSD and was unable to go out in public for the longest time. Thanks to chicken therapy, his anxiety has decreased tenfold!! We also live 3 miles from the Fort Dix/McQuire Megabase and I work in the local pharmacy, so I see a lot of guys with issues from war. Right now is a big increase in Vietnam Vet issues with Agent Orange related illnesses.
I ride horses, and my instructor prefers mules to thoroughbreds. She, (and I agree) says that thoroughbreds are the poor mans sport horse, since they are so over bred by the racing industry. Apparently unintelligent too.

One of my egg customers came to visit yesterday... he turned up his nose when I told him and showed him the new chicks tthatould lay green or blue eggs!
lau.gif

Oh My! But didn't he think they were cute?

Lol I don't understand some people lol. My father had chickens most of his life so when he found out we were getting them he was thrilled. I offered him some eggs but he "had to clear it with his wife". I was later told that they had plenty of eggs and wouldn't be needing any. Crazy city lady. Ugh Dad's even been thinking of getting a few birds idk how that's gunna happen. I believe she is one of the "my eggs will not come from a chicken butt type" but from a carton is okay I guess. Lol

Okay so another story. Last weekend DH2B and I had a cookout which most of our friends attended, most of our friends are also from the country and many of them had chickens or have at least seen our flock before. We were all eating and sitting around when one of our friends, Eliza, just started saying, "oh gross that's disgusting, do that somewhere else."

I turned around in my lawn chair and found my silkie roo trying to breed one of our large fowl hens. I immediately began laughing. Eliza was raised in the country on a farm with cattle and while they don't have chickens natural processes are not foreign to her at all. She is also what I would consider a generally intelligent person, yet she was so disturbed she thought she wouldn't be able to eat. Okay we've had our flock for a year, so our friends have seen them before and I'm sure they've seen our roosters breeding the girls.

Still laughing I looked at Eliza and asked her if it would make her feel better if I told her their anatomy was different then that of humans. She said it might so they got a whole anatomy lesson complete with a question and answer section and then Eliza felt better. What I want to know is how she never noticed that birds in general have no external genitals. Ugh needless to say I completely thought she was joking and I mean she's a seemingly mature adult woman freaking out BC of nature. Lol.

Last edited:
Lol I don't understand some people lol. My father had chickens most of his life so when he found out we were getting them he was thrilled. I offered him some eggs but he "had to clear it with his wife". I was later told that they had plenty of eggs and wouldn't be needing any. Crazy city lady. Ugh Dad's even been thinking of getting a few birds idk how that's gunna happen. I believe she is one of the "my eggs will not come from a chicken butt type" but from a carton is okay I guess. Lol

Okay so another story. Last weekend DH2B and I had a cookout which most of our friends attended, most of our friends are also from the country and many of them had chickens or have at least seen our flock before. We were all eating and sitting around when one of our friends, Eliza, just started saying, "oh gross that's disgusting, do that somewhere else."

I turned around in my lawn chair and found my silkie roo trying to breed one of our large fowl hens. I immediately began laughing. Eliza was raised in the country on a farm with cattle and while they don't have chickens natural processes are not foreign to her at all. She is also what I would consider a generally intelligent person, yet she was so disturbed she thought she wouldn't be able to eat. Okay we've had our flock for a year, so our friends have seen them before and I'm sure they've seen our roosters breeding the girls.

Still laughing I looked at Eliza and asked her if it would make her feel better if I told her their anatomy was different then that of humans. She said it might so they got a whole anatomy lesson complete with a question and answer section and then Eliza felt better. What I want to know is how she never noticed that birds in general have no external genitals. Ugh needless to say I completely thought she was joking and I mean she's a seemingly mature adult woman freaking out BC of nature. Lol.
While that statement is GENERALLY true, it's not true of all species: http://www.livescience.com/4426-ducks-wage-genital-warfare.html That's why it can be an issue if drakes are housed with chickens and they get amorous intentions. It can harm the hens.

While that statement is GENERALLY true, it's not true of all species:  http://www.livescience.com/4426-ducks-wage-genital-warfare.html  That's why it can be an issue if drakes are housed with chickens and they get amorous intentions.  It can harm the hens.

Yes thank you I know that but what she doesn't know won't hurt her lol that and I did say it's only a general rule. I believe there are a few others as well but I don't know how many or what kinds of birds.

Also even drake's penises except for when breeding aren't visible and they have no external testis.

To the moderators sorry if this got too descriptive. If so please delete it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom