Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Pics
LOL! Tell your family to do some self-educating about BR's.
All of my 5 BR youngins from last spring all had combs and wattles.
There was only one that I thought may be a rooster, due to faster development of red comb and wattles, more aggressive behavior.
Time showed the truth and I am happy to say that I am the proud momma of 5 beautiful and sassy BR hens.
One of my fave breeds of all time!

We named her "Pepper" because she is definitely the spicy, sassy one of the 3. She is the boss! Our Black Australorp "Sydney" is pretty shy, and our RIR "Ginger" is warming up slowly.

Always ready for her photo op... "feed me more grapes NOW!"

8 wks old

My in-laws ate the cockerels, and loved every bite. They also had chicken soup with homemade bone broth, and were amazed that broth can actually have a flavor other than salty water. They still think I do all this 'homemade/home-raised' stuff to save money. LOL.

Right. Because running an incubator for 3 weeks doesn't cost anything, and brooding chicks doesn't cost anything, and growing vegetables doesn't require any funds either...
And then if you factor in the cost for materials for building the brooders, the coop, the raised beds...
All SO much less than a $0.50 can of stock or a $1.00 box of noodles.
They really just don't get it, even after eating this way for over a week. It's about quality. Not the bottom line. They have no clue that they are the cheapskates, not me.

My family insisted my BR pullet is a rooster because she is starting to grow a comb... and that females "don't have combs!!" I guess it is always possible she turns out to be a roo...but still.

Honestly. :th I wanna hear what they have to say when you're getting eggs and ALL of your chickens have combs. "Any other words of wisdom?"

I certainly hope all of us on this forum have learned a lesson: unless you've studied a particular subject or have first-hand experience, don't go spouting pearls of wisdom on topics about which you know nothing. Assuming is NOT the same as knowing, just as urban legends and "common wisdom" are not fact based.

Unfortunately, I run into this at work all the time. Although I studied human learning and how associated neurological processes, medical conditions, and emotional states influence it, both parents and teachers are constantly telling me I'm wrong, or this kid needs meds, or he just needs a'whuppin. That's like the fools that go into a doctor's office, give them their diagnosis, and tell them what drug they want them to prescribe. Doubt or question, sure. That's only prudent. But, to act like an authority when you haven't got the knowledge to figure out how to open a can of peas is the height of arrogance. </rant>

It's why we come here to laugh at them - keeps our blood pressure down.

I certainly hope all of us on this forum have learned a lesson: unless you've studied a particular subject or have first-hand experience, don't go spouting pearls of wisdom on topics about which you know nothing. Assuming is NOT the same as knowing, just as urban legends and "common wisdom" are not fact based.

So.....87% of the people on the internet should immediately cease and desist. :D

So.....87% of the people on the internet should immediately cease and desist. :D

Well, it would free the rest of us up to do something more worthwhile than reading nonsense and trying to reason with idiots.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom