Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I get meat spots occasionally, mostly from my Marans hen, but my mom got one once and freaked out. She has only hens and called me saying that a rooster was getting in her yard because she found a fertilized egg and how could she keep him out? She sent me a pic and I tried not to laugh too hard at the obvious meat spot in the whites, nowhere near the yolk. She was relieved to not have fertilized eggs but a little grossed out at the meat spot. She's gotten over it though. Now she just picks them out when she finds one

It looks like a brown comma shape. They all look the same.

Or it could be a blood spot, I cracked this titanic size egg this morning for breakfast and it has 3 yolks and a little blood spot.

Or it could be a blood spot, I cracked this titanic size egg this morning for breakfast and it has 3 yolks and a little blood spot.

Holy moly! That's the biggest egg I've ever seen! I knew it could happen but I've never seen a triple yolk before. My ladies haven't even given me a double yolk yet, though my mom has had a few. That poor hen!

It's our first time to see triple yolker, we'd been getting doubles from our new layers in the last month specially the Easter Eggers. I know right? I feel bad for the pullet, I thought at first she was sick since she was moping on the corner of the run.

It's our first time to see triple yolker, we'd been getting doubles from our new layers in the last month specially the Easter Eggers. I know right? I feel bad for the pullet, I thought at first she was sick since she was moping on the corner of the run.
You would feel a little off as well if you had something like that working its way through your plumbing. OUCH!!!

Back
Top Bottom