Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Only if your paying for the flight out there
1f602.png

:idunno do you really want to come all the Washington to pluck birds for then @AmandaMBG :lau

Hello all.

First - Gave some fresh eggs to friends of the family. We have known them for over 20 years. The husband was hesitant to eat the Blue egg and his daughters thought it was to pretty. However, he did eat it and next time I just gave him brown eggs. I thought it was pretty funny.

Second - I have read threw all the posts and very one says fresh eggs taste better than store bought. However, I do not taste a difference. Could it be the feed I give them. I give them 20% laying pellets from Jupe Mills

JUPE LAYER PELLET 20%
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein, minimum 20.00%
Lysine, minimum 0.85%
Methionine, minimum 0.34%
Crude Fat, minimum 3.00%
Crude Fiber, maximum 4.00%
Calcium, minimum 3.00%
Calcium, maximum 4.00%
Phosphorus, minimum 0.70%
Salt, minimum 0.25%
Salt, maximum 0.50%
INGREDIENTS:
Grain Products, Plant Protein Products, Processed Grain By-Products, Forage Products,
Animal Protein Products, Calcium Carbonate, Monocalcium Phosphate, Salt, DLMethionine,
L-Lysine, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D Supplement, Vitamin E
Supplement, Choline Chloride, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin
Supplement, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Menadione Sodium Bisulfate Complex, Thiamine
Mononitrate, Biotin, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Potassium Sulfate,
Magnesium Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Copper Sulfate,
Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide, and Sodium Selenite.
FEEDING DIRECTIONS:
Jupe Laying Mash 20% is designed to be fed as the sole ration to finishing hens from
time first egg is laid throughout the time of egg production. Provide clean, fresh water at
all times.

Now I do notice that the texture is different when I fry my eggs. The white is firm and the yoke is more thicker and creamier or it could be just my taste buds. I have only been raising chickens for 9 months.

Thank You for any replies.

The firmness and texture difference is a result of nice fresh eggs. You can get better flavor if they get a chance to free range. Green grass and bugs can increase your omega 3 in eggs naturally too.

I am sorry, I should have included that the chickens free range very day. From about, 9am to whenever they go back to the coop for the night. I love watching the chickens work the grass for bugs.

I am sorry, I should have included that the chickens free range very day.  From about, 9am to whenever they go back to the coop for the night. I love watching the chickens work the grass for bugs.

I don't notice much difference beyond texture either. However, it's been quite a while since I had store eggs and I've never tasted them side by side. I feed fermented Purina flock raiser and have the same free range schedule as you.

I was talking to one of the trainers at the gym about chickens etc. the client he was training looked at me and said "Chickens are a kind of reptile, right?"
I looked at the trainer and walked away
1f633.png
:confused:
NO WORDS

Omg no way! It's amazing some people know how to walk and talk and drive a car but don't know squat about a dumb ol chicken. I guess we know who the real bird brain is. P.S. I dont think chickens are dumb. Was just making a point. Although sometimes i wonder.lol. I love my little bird brains.

Hello all.

First - Gave some fresh eggs to friends of the family. We have known them for over 20 years. The husband was hesitant to eat the Blue egg and his daughters thought it was to pretty. However, he did eat it and next time I just gave him brown eggs. I thought it was pretty funny

Now I do notice that the texture is different when I fry my eggs. The white is firm and the yoke is more thicker and creamier or it could be just my taste buds. I have only been raising chickens for 9 months.

Thank You for any replies.

I haven't even been able to free range my girls and so far there is a slight richer flavor to their eggs but I feed scratch and peck so they aren't getting any processed grain. I also have very sensitive taste buds so that could have something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom