Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

@sparton smart kid not so smart adult this is the problem through out America
when it comes to animal or human diets... take all back to farm spending at least
5 to 10 years we all would be better off just my humble opinion

I had a long talk with my vegan aunt a few months ago. Questions like ''Ok, so you are fine eating the chickens you raise that supposedly have a good life, what if your neighbors just started up a farm of dogs, just to kill them and eat them but they had a good life, so it is all good, right?'' Or, ''How would you feel if pigs started raising humans with great lives, made them grotesquely fat, so they could eat them?''

Last edited:
Hahaha! It's funny how vegans try to humanize everything. Pretty silly. Chickens are not people, and people are not chickens. We take care of the chickens, and they repay us with meat and eggs. Would she rather people go back to the hunting wild animals?
Oh, and plants feel pain too. Eating that kale smoothie required someone to murder that kale.

I once had a vegan tell me that the proximity of mammaries meant that milk was actually a modified bile secretion. I was astonished, and asked her if milk glands had evolved from modified sweat glands, where did liver secretions come in? ( Milk actually is manufactured from a mother's blood, I was just not sure why she thought milk was really and truely a bile secretion)

Yeah we have a cousin that is a vegetarian idkif she's vegan I don't think so and she doesn't push it on others but it just bugs me. It started when she was growing up and the family farm raised some steers every year that her and my DH2B used to tame and befriend. Well no one taught her the necessity if it or anything so when she found out where they went she stopped eating meat entirely. It's really quite sad how apart people are from the meat "we" as a whole eat. They've proven chickens are much more intelligent than people give them credit for. Although I'm of the opinion it depends on the breed and individual as well. It amazes me that people who are educated, who know about the factory farms would rather eat a Cornish x meat bird that's never seen the sun that probably could barely move it was so crowded and too much weight on its legs than a local free range heritage fowl. We have a neighbor like that.

She's not a bad person not at all but she feels like she can distance herself from that nameless faceless bird better than a cockeral raised nearby.

Where's the logic in that?

Also I totally agree about mixing your own feeds and the cat and dog food.

That and poultry it's so hard I've had lots of people ask me well what about way back when the chickens only got a bit of corn thrown out for them and free ranged the rest. Well movies are not the most accurate but the chickens we have today are not the same ones our great grandparents raised. A lot of them have had their instincts bred out to some degree while we've bred them larger and faster growing. They simply can't sustain themselves on some scratch corn alone.

Admittedly I have always been a very gentle sensitive person and my family sheltered me when our pigs went for processing when I was a child I was told they were going to a farm to have babies. I do think I could have taken it if they had calmly and gently explained. I know my family were trying to protect me and I think a certain degree of it can be a good thing with small children who are very sensitive but I don't think it should be a hidden taboo that where our food comes from is a forbidden topic.

We are raising spare cockerals for meat this year and they have not been done yet though the first are ready. They will be treated with kindness and respect right up to and after the end. I think that is what society should be teaching about animals for food. The right way, the kind way, the way that remembers that this is a life that is going to feed you and it deserves to be recognized as such.

As a child I refused for several years to eat venison even though I loved it, because through my father and brothers I heard the less kind stories, almost entirely of other hunters. The kind that give hunters a bad name. The kind that hunt only for the sport and that don't care if the animal suffers. That I believe is not a good way to hunt and I'm against people like that. It should be a fair game between man and nature in my eyes the hunter should work for the kill not just have a group drive deer to the hunter to be picked off.

Sorry for the rant.

All those vegans who insist on feeding their animals vegan diets....I'm just so mad when they get a dog or cat. Seriously??
I'lll never understand why they don't just choose from the herbivore pets, like rabbits or guinea pigs. I know someone who has a goat as a housepet.
Some parrots and iguanas are herbivores too.
There's a frickin' choice people! No one says you MUST have a dog or cat!!
rant.gif

Since it Fair season my daughter collects some good ones..

"What happened to your rabbit?" - they had the poultry near the caveys and she has Silkies..

"Are their eggs edible?" -- again refrencing the silkies

" Do you eat them?" when she replied no for the birds showing but yes for the feed store birds we bought..

" but they're like pets.."

My 12 year old "yahhh..."

Confused vegitarian " Well that would be like eating you dog! Would you eat your dog?"

12 year old in full sarcastic glory " Probably.. Depends how hungry I was"...

LOL! gives me a little hope for next gen... Finally some sarcasm put to real use!

Back
Top Bottom