Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

My sister is a vegan and she knows I love my meat and I know she don't we respect each other's way only thing I will not stand for is she only drinks tea I gotta have my coffee so when I come to visit she gets me some lol as I get her some tea and tofu lol

That is great your wife is so understanding! I wish more vegans were like that. I do know a lot wouldn't prepare it/touch it like she does, which I can understand, but if more would even just respect and understand others views everything would be a lot better
LOL I always laugh when people say " O it's so great that SHE is understanding " I alway thought it was great that I put up with her silliness.... Just Kidding !

When we meet and she told me she was Vegan I had only one question - " For political or Health reason ? " She had a very confused look on her face and said " Health " Like daaa you crazy man why else ? She has since learned how WAY OUT some ( let me say that again SOME ) vegans can act to legitimize their choice to the point of Veganizam being almost a religion .

I have learned alot about the life style and the health benefits but don't intend to give up my steaks any time soon !

LOL I always laugh when people say " O it's so great that SHE is understanding "   I alway thought it was great that I put up with her silliness.... Just Kidding !

When we meet and she told me she was Vegan I had only one question - " For political or  Health reason ? "  She had a very confused look on her face and said " Health "    Like daaa you crazy man why else ?     She has since learned how WAY OUT some ( let me say that again SOME ) vegans can act to legitimize their choice to the point of Veganizam being almost a religion .

I have learned alot about the life style and the health benefits but don't intend to give up my steaks any time soon !    

Same here I can't give up on my bacon and eggs and cat head biscuits!

The vast majority of cities and counties have no restrictions on rabbits. They are usually considered small animal pets, like a guinea pig or pet rat. And processing can be done very discretely and quickly. There isn't a lot of blood, and done right, it's very quite. I can do about 10 rabbits in the same time it takes me to do one chicken, hand-plucked.
See, and here I was thinking I would need to wait until getting out into some property before keeping meat rabbit just because I didn't want to freak out the neighbors, but now I'm thinking about if I can set up a processing station in my shed...

My sister is a vegan and she knows I love my meat and I know she don't we respect each other's way only thing I will not stand for is she only drinks tea I gotta have my coffee so when I come to visit she gets me some lol as I get her some tea and tofu lol

Lol thats awesome! Why no coffee?

I have tried, believe me. He isn't doing it because it is cheeper. It's way more expensive around here but he won't listen. He has it in his head that they are birds so bird seed is better than pellets. I understand that pellets aren't exactly a natural diet, but the breeds of chickens we have aren't exactly natural either. The need better nutrition to make as many eggs as they do.
Can you get Scratch and Peck locally? My birds have been thriving on it, and it's not a pellet feed, so it might appease his pickiness. Blackoil sunflower seeds on the bird feed mix are great treats for protein, but the rest of it is basically scratch.

LOL I always laugh when people say " O it's so great that SHE is understanding "   I alway thought it was great that I put up with her silliness.... Just Kidding !

When we meet and she told me she was Vegan I had only one question - " For political or  Health reason ? "  She had a very confused look on her face and said " Health "    Like daaa you crazy man why else ?     She has since learned how WAY OUT some ( let me say that again SOME ) vegans can act to legitimize their choice to the point of Veganizam being almost a religion .

LOL That's true

Two questions...lol.

1) What types of seeds make up the bird seed? I'm simply curious because one of the grains I feed my chickens red proso millet. Both red and white proso millets are in budgie and bird food. It's a really nice grain to feed. I'm guessing there may be corn, canary seed, sunflower seeds, the millet I spoke of...maybe some wheat, or oats? While not a balanced chicken feed...the majority of those grains are good food in their own right. But yes...they'll be incredibly expensive. Bird feed for my budgies is approx. $6/ 1.81kg (about 2 pound) bag and wild bird feed isn't that much behind that. Red proso millet is sold to the buyers here for $.14-.$20 / pound.

Your Dad would be much better off if he could buy grain in bags from a farmer if he's really struck on whole grains and up here we can buy an additive to measure out to add to the grain so it makes it a balanced diet. Pelleted or crumble food is balanced (or at least supposed to be) but realistically it's just grains like wheat/rye/etc. ground, mixed together and pelleted into chicken feed.

2) What is the a factory farm in your minds? I'm curious here as well.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom