Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

So I had picked up 10 Cornish X chicks a few weeks back for a 4H project, before realizing I had the fair in my calendar wrong. Since they aren't going to make it to fair (I will start a new batch soon) I decided that I will have them processed in early May. I then realized I could have a really unique menu for my graduation party and serve the chicken I raised. Planning on pulled chicken (like pulled pork, and with optional BBQ sauce), and my grandma, bless her heart, told me to put a photo of me and the meatbirds above the trash cans. Told me to caption it like "Porky, Fluffbutt, Chicken Bob, and Nugget hope you enjoyed the meal!". She knows my cousin won't touch it if there's a picture of the birds, so I almost wonder if there's a secret plot or vendetta going on...
tongue.png

So I had picked up 10 Cornish X chicks a few weeks back for a 4H project, before realizing I had the fair in my calendar wrong. Since they aren't going to make it to fair (I will start a new batch soon) I decided that I will have them processed in early May. I then realized I could have a really unique menu for my graduation party and serve the chicken I raised. Planning on pulled chicken (like pulled pork, and with optional BBQ sauce), and my grandma, bless her heart, told me to put a photo of me and the meatbirds above the trash cans. Told me to caption it like "Porky, Fluffbutt, Chicken Bob, and Nugget hope you enjoyed the meal!". She knows my cousin won't touch it if there's a picture of the birds, so I almost wonder if there's a secret plot or vendetta going on...:p

Maybe grandma doesn't want to share

....my grandma, bless her heart, told me to put a photo of me and the meatbirds above the trash cans. Told me to caption it like "Porky, Fluffbutt, Chicken Bob, and Nugget hope you enjoyed the meal!". She knows my cousin won't touch it if there's a picture of the birds, so I almost wonder if there's a secret plot or vendetta going on...
tongue.png

I think grandma's sense of humor has a dark side. :) I like that in a grandma. :)

Last edited:
True about my grandma's sense of humor. Last Easter, she found a farm animal sound book (targeted at 1-2 year olds) and said "I used to read this to all of you kids, don't you remember?" Of course none of us did, so we told her we didn't. "I don't know how long I'll be around, but you all used to love this book. Can I read it to you all?"
No one had the guts to say "no", so she read the book of 'moos' and 'oinks' to the six of us (ages 15-22). My aunt was walking by and heard her making animal noises in the other room, totally thought she'd lost it. But as soon as it was over, my grandma smiled and went back upstairs like nothing had happened. My cousin remarked "I can't tell if it's horrible or cute, how in touch grandma is with her mortality."
So yeah, my grandma has her moments...

Back
Top Bottom