Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I don't know the whole history on it but I do know up the road is a place called Rolling Hills Asylum, and that is "one of the most haunted places in America". But our house is supposedly the scene of the Linden Murders. Were this crazy guy went around killing people and stuffing them in his (our basement). No, not really, but sometimes at night it feels creepy...

I believe I've read about that place and have seen pics. Spooky. But then, as a psychologist who named her cottage in the country, Sweet Asylum, I would. Plus, I have a sign on the path through my garden that says, "Psycho Path". Can't take life too seriously, ya know.

Yeah, a few days ago I was at TSC and saw that the poor Cornish Rocks were completely bone dry, out of water and there was a decomposing chick! Just broke my heart! So complained to the manager and it went like this.

Me: Excuse me, those poor Cornish Rocks are dying of thirst! And there is a dead chick.
Manager: Oh, uh, I just watered them (uh, really?)
Me: No, I don't think so.
Manager: Well what do you care, they are just birds! (In my book that's an insult)
Me: Well, aren't you going to get them water?
Manager: Go fly a kite.
Me: (Last resort time) Fine, I bet PETA would like to hear about this.
Manager: Fine....

Finally he got them water.

I've only been in TSC 2x 4 yrs ago, when I was new to chicken stuff. When we run out of feed on a Sunday, I bought a 25 lbs of chick
1f425.png
starter since our regular feed store is usually closed on Sunday. Went home opened the bag of feeds but it's moldy, I went back and complained and I was told by the clerk to just scoop out the moldy parts and also told to call Purina they might give me a new bag or a coupon. Never set foot since in that moldy store. I like my local clean hardware store where I got my very first chicks
1f425.png
and have good service. I've never lost a chick ever in 4 yrs of chickening, they take care of what they sell.

Last edited:
Or require a heat lamp with the sale of chicks

That would be a pain in the rear for those of us that are buying chicks for the 3rd time this year.

What I do like, however, is the care sheet TSC hands out. Decent info and a good practise for a place that deals with so many newbies.

That would be a pain in the rear for those of us that are buying chicks for the 3rd time this year.

What I do like, however, is the care sheet TSC hands out. Decent info and a good practise for a place that deals with so many newbies.
@BantyChooks
Check out the show Life Below Zero.
I'm stuck glued to the tv watching back to back episodes on Netflix...
It reminds me of you!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom