Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

It all started over my fence. I bought it, installed it, and she wanted to stain it maroon. I said no.

I bought cameras. Saved the note.
The local police are super nice and understanding. The last incident they ordered her to stay off my property. She had threatened to kill my cat because he hissed at her. I told her to stop taking him into her house... he doesn't like that.
He's an amazing cat. Friendly to all but her. Neutered, utd on medical.
Since then she's called me in for barking dogs twice, neither time were my dogs barking.
I'll have to press harassment charges if she does it again.

Her husband is a state patrolman. She believes herself above the law.

Anyway. It's so much stupid it makes my head hurt. Lucky I get along swimmingly with the rest of the neighborhood.

Wow that's ridiculous. :/ so it sounds like she's just mad she didn't get her way? What a loser. She needs to get a life. If it was me I would have already called lol

If her husband is a patrolmen for the state I would have a 1 on 1 with him and let him know the severity of his wife's actions and the steps that will be taken if it continues...

I agree

When I got chicks for the first time, I had no clue what I was doing. The feed store sold me the brooder, lamp, drinker, feeder, and the chicks.
lau.gif
I had a crazy neighbor once when I was renting. She turned me over for everything from not mowing my front yard (I was one week late), to calling animal control, etc. I had a very large Malamute pair at the time. Also one weekend I was traveling out of town with a friend of mine to do some exhibitions with horses (mideaval reenactment). Anyway as is LEGAL in Mobile, Alabama, I kept my miniature pony in the back yard for one night as we were leaving at like 4:30 am. When I moved out, my landlord told me that the lady had actually lost it and wrote him this long letter stating that I had horses in the backyard. To this day the landlord doesn't know that she actually saw a horse in the back yard. Of course the horse was a miniature horse and was 2 inches smaller than my dog. I still laugh at that....
Wow. Just wow... The closest thing I have to that issue is my neighbors thinking my bantam is a baby.

When I got chicks for the first time, I had no clue what I was doing. The feed store sold me the brooder, lamp, drinker, feeder, and the chicks.
:lau

I had a crazy neighbor once when I was renting.  She turned me over for everything from not mowing my front yard (I was one week late), to calling animal control, etc.   I had a very large Malamute pair at the time.   Also one weekend I was traveling out of town with a friend of mine to do some exhibitions with horses (mideaval reenactment).  Anyway as is LEGAL in Mobile, Alabama,  I kept my miniature pony in the back yard for one night as we were leaving at like 4:30 am.   When I moved out,  my landlord told me that the lady had actually lost it and wrote him this long letter stating that I had horses in the backyard.  To this day the landlord doesn't know that she actually saw a horse in the back yard.   Of course the horse was a miniature horse and was 2 inches smaller than my dog.    I still laugh at that....

Wow. Just wow... The closest thing I have to that issue is my neighbors thinking my bantam is a baby.

ROFLMAO!

My aunt thought he had slipped his collar again. Or should I say chewed it off. He's destructive when they aren't there so during the day he's in the garage with his blanket, food and water. And he's on a chain. They had been looking all over for him and I told her to check the shelter. It had been a few days. He was on the list for adoption the next day because the hold time is 3 days and it happened on a Friday. They have limited hours on Saturday and are closed Sunday. The thing that kills me is the dog warden knows the dog belongs to my aunt because he had to respond to complaints from the woman who took him!

The little girl wanted to play with my cousin but she was in school.

Yes she got him back. But had to pay a $150 fine because he didn't have his tags on (they are on his collar) and the holding fee?
Cops are useless here. There are a few nice ones BUT they can't be bothered. They are usually in the middle of town chatting. Small town life.

That's horrible! Glad he didn't get adopted out :/

Oh she's THAT type of person. Even after they get slapped by courts they don't learn.

There was a senior chief's wife like that when I was in the Navy. She was a real piece of work. Felt that because her husband was so high ranked she could get away with anything. She did for a little bit. Security would give her warnings. She sped all over base and got into verbal fights when confronted that she couldn't park certain places and would lie to get the other person in trouble when security showed up. Security warned her husband to do something about her.

I got to see it when she hit an airman in the crosswalk one morning in front of a couple dozen witnesses. She got out and was screaming at him because his bike scratched her car. Security had to cuff her and send someone to get her husband.

We didn't hear what all happened to her. They suspended base driving privileges for her husband for 2 years. (That is how that works since the servicemember is responsible for their dependants). Needless to say, he was not happy about bumming rides or parking off base and walking in. He was getting divorced when I got out.

Wow that's insane! 2 years seems like a really long time though?

Have your cat microchipped so you can prove it is yours.

Good idea

I had a crazy neighbor once when I was renting.  She turned me over for everything from not mowing my front yard (I was one week late), to calling animal control, etc.   I had a very large Malamute pair at the time.   Also one weekend I was traveling out of town with a friend of mine to do some exhibitions with horses (mideaval reenactment).  Anyway as is LEGAL in Mobile, Alabama,  I kept my miniature pony in the back yard for one night as we were leaving at like 4:30 am.   When I moved out,  my landlord told me that the lady had actually lost it and wrote him this long letter stating that I had horses in the backyard.  To this day the landlord doesn't know that she actually saw a horse in the back yard.   Of course the horse was a miniature horse and was 2 inches smaller than my dog.    I still laugh at that....

Wow what is with all these crazy neighbors! Lol

Wow what is with all these crazy neighbors! Lol
There are some really great neighbors too but the stories with them aren't near as interesting (or funny). I had a very gracious neighbor who kept my steer for almost 2 years because he would not stay on my property at all but LOVED his field. Great Neighbor and boy was that beef wonderful....

There are some really great neighbors too but the stories with them aren't near as interesting (or funny).   I had a very gracious neighbor who kept my steer for almost 2 years because he would not stay on my property at all but LOVED his field.   Great Neighbor and boy was that beef wonderful....   

Hmm that's true I suppose lol and wow that is amazing!!

When one of my neighbors moved in ( ~2 years before I got chickens) they tried to steal my 1 year old lab/GSD mix. He's an outdoor dog and trained to our underground fence, and wears a shock and an identification/play collar. He knows to stay in the yard, even without collars, and knows he's not supposed to mouth or even nip people. They took him by the collars (with his shock collar on STILL) and tried to drag him across the property line (also the shock collar line...). He hates being dragged by his collar, and finally tried to get away by mouthing the woman's hand while she tried to drag him over the line. She let him go, and he came back missing his collars because they took them off after failing to steal him. Their daughter, about 3 years younger than me, had later told me (in a manner that made it apparent that she seemed to think it was ok) they tried to take him because they thought it looked like their previous dog, whom had died one year prior to the move, and in a completely different state! (We kinda think they're animal hoarders/impulse buyers, and they always get and lose animals. Their yorkie got eaten by an owl, and they had a cat die in their walls... Lots of horror stories about them, too long to recount.)
A different neighbor thought our outdoor rescued (farm cat from shelter, granted very tall/lean 14 lb.) grey/white tabby cat was a bobcat or a lynx. Their exact words were "That's your cat? We thought it was a tiger cub or something!" Very serious, and almost scared of our cat. And he's the nice one. Our cat Toto has birth defects and will flip out on people (not me, she's weird though) and switch back in a moment. Anyways...
This is in small-town Iowa, people. But I guess no one is safe from stupidity!

Back
Top Bottom