Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

When one of my neighbors moved in ( ~2 years before I got chickens) they tried to steal my 1 year old lab/GSD mix. He's an outdoor dog and trained to our underground fence, and wears a shock and an identification/play collar. He knows to stay in the yard, even without collars, and knows he's not supposed to mouth or even nip people. They took him by the collars (with his shock collar on STILL) and tried to drag him across the property line (also the shock collar line...). He hates being dragged by his collar, and finally tried to get away by mouthing the woman's hand while she tried to drag him over the line. She let him go, and he came back missing his collars because they took them off after failing to steal him. Their daughter, about 3 years younger than me, had later told me (in a manner that made it apparent that she seemed to think it was ok) they tried to take him because they thought it looked like their previous dog, whom had died one year prior to the move, and in a completely different state! (We kinda think they're animal hoarders/impulse buyers, and they always get and lose animals. Their yorkie got eaten by an owl, and they had a cat die in their walls... Lots of horror stories about them, too long to recount.)
A different neighbor thought our outdoor rescued (farm cat from shelter, granted very tall/lean 14 lb.) grey/white tabby cat was a bobcat or a lynx. Their exact words were "That's your cat? We thought it was a tiger cub or something!" Very serious, and almost scared of our cat. And he's the nice one. Our cat Toto has birth defects and will flip out on people (not me, she's weird though) and switch back in a moment. Anyways...
This is in small-town Iowa, people. But I guess no one is safe from stupidity!

Wow that's insane!!

When one of my neighbors moved in ( ~2 years before I got chickens) they tried to steal my 1 year old lab/GSD mix. He's an outdoor dog and trained to our underground fence, and wears a shock and an identification/play collar. He knows to stay in the yard, even without collars, and knows he's not supposed to mouth or even nip people. They took him by the collars (with his shock collar on STILL) and tried to drag him across the property line (also the shock collar line...). He hates being dragged by his collar, and finally tried to get away by mouthing the woman's hand while she tried to drag him over the line. She let him go, and he came back missing his collars because they took them off after failing to steal him. Their daughter, about 3 years younger than me, had later told me (in a manner that made it apparent that she seemed to think it was ok) they tried to take him because they thought it looked like their previous dog, whom had died one year prior to the move, and in a completely different state! (We kinda think they're animal hoarders/impulse buyers, and they always get and lose animals. Their yorkie got eaten by an owl, and they had a cat die in their walls... Lots of horror stories about them, too long to recount.)
A different neighbor thought our outdoor rescued (farm cat from shelter, granted very tall/lean 14 lb.) grey/white tabby cat was a bobcat or a lynx. Their exact words were "That's your cat? We thought it was a tiger cub or something!" Very serious, and almost scared of our cat. And he's the nice one. Our cat Toto has birth defects and will flip out on people (not me, she's weird though) and switch back in a moment. Anyways...

What the what?!?
th.gif
Thats beyond crazy & actually a little scary!!!

Yeah, they also took the $20 safety-break, bell and tagged collar (also had rhinestones and such, because reasons) off of my cat with birth defects and chucked it in the woods because our outdoor cats (They live in our garage with a dog door outside) were being treated "inhumanely". We found out a year later, after assuming it had gotten caught on something, or that my cat had just slipped it. We're not huge fans of cat collars on the premise of the cat not liking it or getting caught on something, but I had bought my cat the collar because I didn't want her to get lost, mistaken as a stray, or befall harm from not being tagged (she is micro-chipped, but still). Apparently they thought it would teach us to keep our cat indoors, and they had to have come on our property and catch her, as I'm the only one who she lets pick her up and she doesn't like to go more than 20 feet from the house in any direction.
They also thought it would be great to rescue a pitbull (nothing against breed, but they didn't take care of it well) and let it run free. Nearly killed the aforementioned cat, and they tried to blame us...

Yeah, they also took the $20 safety-break, bell and tagged collar (also had rhinestones and such, because reasons) off of my cat with birth defects and chucked it in the woods because our outdoor cats (They live in our garage with a dog door outside) were being treated "inhumanely". We found out a year later, after assuming it had gotten caught on something, or that my cat had just slipped it. We're not huge fans of cat collars on the premise of the cat not liking it or getting caught on something, but I had bought my cat the collar because I didn't want her to get lost, mistaken as a stray, or befall harm from not being tagged (she is micro-chipped, but still). Apparently they thought it would teach us to keep our cat indoors, and they had to have come on our property and catch her, as I'm the only one who she lets pick her up and she doesn't like to go more than 20 feet from the house in any direction.
They also thought it would be great to rescue a pitbull (nothing against breed, but they didn't take care of it well) and let it run free. Nearly killed the aforementioned cat, and they tried to blame us...

Ugh! What a nightmare! Do they still live there?

When one of my neighbors moved in ( ~2 years before I got chickens) they tried to steal my 1 year old lab/GSD mix. He's an outdoor dog and trained to our underground fence, and wears a shock and an identification/play collar. He knows to stay in the yard, even without collars, and knows he's not supposed to mouth or even nip people. They took him by the collars (with his shock collar on STILL) and tried to drag him across the property line (also the shock collar line...). He hates being dragged by his collar, and finally tried to get away by mouthing the woman's hand while she tried to drag him over the line. She let him go, and he came back missing his collars because they took them off after failing to steal him. Their daughter, about 3 years younger than me, had later told me (in a manner that made it apparent that she seemed to think it was ok) they tried to take him because they thought it looked like their previous dog, whom had died one year prior to the move, and in a completely different state! (We kinda think they're animal hoarders/impulse buyers, and they always get and lose animals. Their yorkie got eaten by an owl, and they had a cat die in their walls... Lots of horror stories about them, too long to recount.)
A different neighbor thought our outdoor rescued (farm cat from shelter, granted very tall/lean 14 lb.) grey/white tabby cat was a bobcat or a lynx. Their exact words were "That's your cat? We thought it was a tiger cub or something!" Very serious, and almost scared of our cat. And he's the nice one. Our cat Toto has birth defects and will flip out on people (not me, she's weird though) and switch back in a moment. Anyways...
They need a sign! (Stupid sign)

Wow! So many crazy stories!

TSC: Went there the other day, there were four different chicks being picked on by the others because they were bleeding (three wings and one butt area). I told the girl at the front that the chicks were cannibalizing each other and she looked at me really bored like and said she would "let someone know". The manager took them out of the bin and said he would take them to the back. I noticed later that the remaining chicks were continuing to peck on each other cause they had blood on their beaks still! I assumed the girl or her manager were not about to care enough to wipe them off.

Neighbors: My current ones are great, I give them free eggs when I remember too and she bring treats over for the boys. They mostly keep to themselves and we do to. It's a mutual desire to live in the country and be left the heck alone, I think. When we lived in the city, there was an old lady two houses down who was too bored. She called the cops on us once cause we had friends over and she thought we were smoking marijuana. The officer asked if we were and I informed him that it was a party for our 2 yr old's birthday and no, of course not. Didn't tell him it was the house one door up from us (another old lady! ) She was a retired school teacher, I figured she deserved it.
lau.gif
The old lady down the hill also called the cops cause our dog "bites". Yeah, when you walk into our yard unannounced and ignore my rushing out and telling you to "stop!" so I can introduce her to the dog first before she gets bit, yeah, he's going to nip you on the hand. She acted, at the time, like she didn't care about the dog.

A relative just realized after me telling her, that eggs are layed, even without roosters!:gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom