Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I try and follow the belief that as few animals should die for my meals as possible. So we eat beef a lot. Big animal so lots of meals.

This is really, really smart. I do eat even my bantam roosters, but I only get about a half a pound of meat off of each so it takes a lot of them to make the meal. Of course, I am not raising them for food and their going into the freezer is just an unfortunate bit of bad luck for them. You saying this, though, has convinced me that raising a hog now and then, and buying a half cow like you do, is a really really wise thing to do. I HATE killing my chickens, and the fewer lives I can be responsible for taking, the better. Thank you for that bit of insight.

I think perhaps I will see about adding more venison to our freezer as well, for the same reason.

My neighbor, who has chickens both LF and bantam, was looking at some of my chickens the other day and saw one of my Old English Game Bantams.

"That chickens lays an egg you can actually eat?!" he asked.

First I had to point out that that particular one was a rooster and then said yes, the OEGBs lay about the same size as his Japanese bantams. He also raises quail and eats the quail eggs so I was totally confused lol. Too many beers, maybe?

My neighbor, who has chickens both LF and bantam, was looking at some of my chickens the other day and saw one of my Old English Game Bantams.

"That chickens lays an egg you can actually eat?!" he asked.

First I had to point out that that particular one was a rooster and then said yes, the OEGBs lay about the same size as his Japanese bantams. He also raises quail and eats the quail eggs so I was totally confused lol. Too many beers, maybe?
Some people...

I am in the same boat. I went to a swap this weekend and sold a whole bunch, but also bought a few and then had a big hatch this weekend (its still going on now). So, if you put a gun to my head and ask me how many chickens I have, I could give a rough estimate but that's it lol Best guess is 75 including the new chicks.

Back
Top Bottom