Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

You people are nuts. Seriously, why so many? And, to think my friends and neighbors think I'm out of my mind because I currently have 5 mature hens (about 3 y.o.?) and just got 8 more babies. Gotta adjust for declining egg production rates going forward. Of course, it is just myself, so l'm going to have eggs coming out of my ears this fall but, hey, I never was any good at chicken math. The MS principal has 3 hens for a family of 4. We're wayyyy out in the country, so why be so skimpy?

I get about a dozen eggs a day yet eat maybe two dozen eggs a month at most lol

You people are nuts. Seriously, why so many? And, to think my friends and neighbors think I'm out of my mind because I currently have 5 mature hens (about 3 y.o.?) and just got 8 more babies. Gotta adjust for declining egg production rates going forward. Of course, it is just myself, so l'm going to have eggs coming out of my ears this fall but, hey, I never was any good at chicken math. The MS principal has 3 hens for a family of 4. We're wayyyy out in the country, so why be so skimpy?
16 layers, 2 roosters. 3 hens are continually broody in the summer, giving the incubator and brooders a break. I keep a handful of pullets each year for winter eggs and to replace the adults that I loose periodically to predation. I hatch and sell started pullets once they are off heat and ready to move outside. The cockerels are raised up for meat.

This looks like a classic example of why a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing when given to a person with limited reasoning powers. Can't eat food with poop in it, huh? What about what farmed fish swim in; or the water she drinks from her tap that runs from the land into the lakes/resevoirs it's taken from; or the grass that cows eat that becomes the meat/dairy products she consumes? Does she think the cows politely excuse themselves to use the bovine ladies room so that the grass they eat won't first be contaminated by that "disgusting" cow's waste? Or, maybe she sticks to the meat and dairy products that are raised on concentrated feed operations (CFOs) so it's not contaminated by "nature"? How about those "diet" salads she surely eats to keep her girlish figure, made from all sorts of green leafy veggies? Does she assume a worm or bird has never pooped on those greens? And, if they're so sanitary, why does she wash them before using them, anyway? Oh, and how about those muddy piggies from whom we get bacon or her Easter ham, or does she keep kosher? Then, of course, there are the grapes and other fruits shipped up from 2nd and 3rd world countries so that she can have them year round - does she think the field hands working for $5 per day are driven to a rest stop every time they hear the call of nature? And, lastly, how about the processed "sterile" foods produced in factories that were sprayed with Round-Up while growing in the corporate fields, and allowed a certain percentage of rat/mouse hairs and droppings in the final product by the USDA and FDA? OH, wait! I forgot all the restaurants she eats in that fail inspection shortly after she patronized it with the rats outside their kitchen doors and roaches roaming the darkened kitchens all night. Poor thing. What must she go through to obtain good, clean, food?

The woman's a narrow-minded fool who doesn't think it through before condemning something because of some foolish, preconceived notion she developed based on emotions and warped mental scenarios, instead of logic. Imagine her mental state if she ever finds out what's living in her gut.

Personally, I'll take your poopy veggies over her government inspected *sterile* and *safe* "edible food-like substances" (Michael Pollan) any day of the week. Bet I'll live longer, too. In the meantime, I'll continue to root for Darwin's team. Hopefully, she'll be coming up to bat, soon.

This looks like a classic example of why a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing when given to a person with limited reasoning powers. Can't eat food with poop in it, huh? What about what farmed fish swim in; or the water she drinks from her tap that runs from the land into the lakes/resevoirs it's taken from; or the grass that cows eat that becomes the meat/dairy products she consumes? Does she think the cows politely excuse themselves to use the bovine ladies room so that the grass they eat won't first be contaminated by that "disgusting" cow's waste? Or, maybe she sticks to the meat and dairy products that are raised on concentrated feed operations (CFOs) so it's not contaminated by "nature"? How about those "diet" salads she surely eats to keep her girlish figure, made from all sorts of green leafy veggies? Does she assume a worm or bird has never pooped on those greens? And, if they're so sanitary, why does she wash them before using them, anyway? Oh, and how about those muddy piggies from whom we get bacon or her Easter ham, or does she keep kosher? Then, of course, there are the grapes and other fruits shipped up from 2nd and 3rd world countries so that she can have them year round - does she think the field hands working for $5 per day are driven to a rest stop every time they hear the call of nature? And, lastly, how about the processed "sterile" foods produced in factories that were sprayed with Round-Up while growing in the corporate fields, and allowed a certain percentage of rat/mouse hairs and droppings in the final product by the USDA and FDA? OH, wait! I forgot all the restaurants she eats in that fail inspection shortly after she patronized it with the rats outside their kitchen doors and roaches roaming the darkened kitchens all night. Poor thing. What must she go through to obtain good, clean, food? The woman's a narrow-minded fool who doesn't think it through before condemning something because of some foolish, preconceived notion she developed based on emotions and warped mental scenarios, instead of logic. Imagine her mental state if she ever finds out what's living in her gut. Personally, I'll take your poopy veggies over her government inspected *sterile* and *safe* "edible food-like substances" (Michael Pollan) any day of the week. Bet I'll live longer, too. In the meantime, I'll continue to root for Darwin's team. Hopefully, she'll be coming up to bat, soon.

In other news, my husband takes our extra eggs to work with him and sells to his coworkers regularly. Well recently someone let him know that they no longer want any blue eggs in theirs because their girlfriend thinks they are robin's eggs.

Yes, really. It apparently has not occurred to her that the egg weighs more than a robin.

1f612.png
1f644.png

In other news, my husband takes our extra eggs to work with him and sells to his coworkers regularly. Well recently someone let him know that they no longer want any blue eggs in theirs because their girlfriend thinks they are robin's eggs.

Yes, really. It apparently has not occurred to her that the egg weighs more than a robin.

1f612.png
1f644.png
gig.gif

1f612.png
1f644.png

I really don't get people having weird ideas that can be debunked with a google search in about 2 seconds. And to have no idea of the difference between a robin egg and a chicken egg??!

I really don't get people having weird ideas that can be debunked with a google search in about 2 seconds. And to have no idea of the difference between a robin egg and a chicken egg??!

Back to my lengthy post - they're incapable of analytical thinking or simple logic. For too many people, emotions have replaced reason. It's especially evident in those who haven't a clue as to where their food comes from. That's one of the things I appreciate about most of the folks at BYC and other chicken people. They still use their brains for thinking and generally leave emotion out of it.

Back
Top Bottom