Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

....and generally leave emotion out of it.

Until we're walking past the chick bins and see this darling little cutie that'll just die of loneliness if we don't bring it home. Feeling so sorry for it, and being such nice people, we obviously just ask the employee to box it up, and oh yeah that one too please...

Well, that's what we tell the OH anyway when they ask why on earth we brought home MORE chickens.

Until we're walking past the chick bins and see this darling little cutie that'll just die of loneliness if we don't bring it home. Feeling so sorry for it, and being such nice people, we obviously just ask the employee to box it up, and oh yeah that one too please...

Well, that's what we tell the OH anyway when they ask why on earth we brought home MORE chickens.

YES! But Banty, it's not all emotion...logic too. We need more burdz. :p

YES! But Banty, it's not all emotion...logic too. We need more burdz.
tongue.png
Logic seems to be gone out the window when you've just brought home 8 more with 8 on the way and 5 ducks as soon as they hatch.... Plus 5 eggs...

This is me trying to downsize for the summer, by the way. They're going to be going into a tiny temporary coop, so I wanted to make it easy on myself and only have 18 chickens or so... I got it down to 23 adult birds but then chicks happened.

Guess they'll be in the house a while longer.

Logic seems to be gone out the window when you've just brought home 8 more with 8 on the way and 5 ducks as soon as they hatch.... Plus 5 eggs...

This is me trying to downsize for the summer, by the way. They're going to be going into a tiny temporary coop, so I wanted to make it easy on myself and only have 18 chickens or so... I got it down to 23 adult birds but then chicks happened.

Guess they'll be in the house a while longer.

That's nothing! :lol:

Whoa! Ok, so you're not doing very good at downsizing then. I need at least fifty or so chickens at all times...actually more. :oops: Good thing chicks are so cute!

Brood outdoors! :p

Last edited:
That's nothing!
lol.png

Whoa! Ok, so you're not doing very good at downsizing then. I need at least fifty or so chickens at all times...actually more.
hide.gif
Good thing chicks are so cute!

Brood outdoors!
tongue.png
In what?

Building yet more secure pens would make me go broke, and my current ones are in use as hospital or integration pens.
Plus, I don't live in a lovely warm climate like you do, to say the least.

In what?

Building yet more secure pens would make me go broke, and my current ones are in use as hospital or integration pens.
Plus, I don't live in a lovely warm climate like you do, to say the least.

:idunno Just use boxes to make sides, and then bedding. Add heat. Better than brooding indoors. Lol

In winter it isn't warm here! I mean we don't get snow or anything...but it gets cold.

idunno.gif
Just use boxes to make sides, and then bedding. Add heat. Better than brooding indoors. Lol

In winter it isn't warm here! I mean we don't get snow or anything...but it gets cold.
'Yotes would munch on them, I'm afeared, and don't got room in the coop... Or I would. It's okay, I don't actually mind brooding in the house... I had 3 chickens, 5 quail, a duck, and maybe another chicken all in the basement at one point, some were adults and some were babies. Just have to clean their pens a bunch and they don't actually smell all that bad.

I'd bet our definitions of cold are quite different.

'Yotes would munch on them, I'm afeared, and don't got room in the coop... Or I would. It's okay, I don't actually mind brooding in the house... I had 3 chickens, 5 quail, a duck, and maybe another chicken all in the basement at one point, some were adults and some were babies. Just have to clean their pens a bunch and they don't actually smell all that bad.

I'd bet our definitions of cold are quite different.

I had seventeen chicks in the house once, for just a few days. NEVER AGAIN! :lol:

I'm sure they are! We get close to freezing temps at night for a few weeks, though we really feel it more because there isn't any heating, insulation, etc. Funny thing is, when I lived in America I loved the cold! People thought I was crazy the way I dressed. haha

I had seventeen chicks in the house once, for just a few days. NEVER AGAIN!
lol.png

I'm sure they are! We get close to freezing temps at night for a few weeks, though we really feel it more because there isn't any heating, insulation, etc. Funny thing is, when I lived in America I loved the cold! People thought I was crazy the way I dressed. haha
Where'd you live before?

Yes, here if it gets above freezing before May there is much joy.

Back
Top Bottom