Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Oh man my grandparents in law are like that, haha. "Sorry your mean old parents won't let you eat this yummy candy." You mean....we won't let them eat themselves into a diabetic coma
1f914.png

I was a mean old mom, feeding my kids natural, whole foods, some grown in my own yard, some obtained from U-Pick fields, some bought at the Farmer's Market. Made them eat nasty stuff like steak and lobster, too. Very few "snack foods", like brownies, and I made those from scratch.

Mean, Mean, Mean

I was a mean old mom, feeding my kids natural, whole foods, some grown in my own yard, some obtained from U-Pick fields, some bought at the Farmer's Market. Made them eat nasty stuff like steak and lobster, too. Very few "snack foods", like brownies, and I made those from scratch. Mean, Mean, Mean
Hahaha that's me!! They have to go get the eggs from the chicken house before we can make any ice cream from them
1f644.png

I was a mean old mom, feeding my kids natural, whole foods, some grown in my own yard, some obtained from U-Pick fields, some bought at the Farmer's Market. Made them eat nasty stuff like steak and lobster, too. Very few "snack foods", like brownies, and I made those from scratch.

Mean, Mean, Mean
Do the same thing with my kids. My middle son might be the only child to ever pitch a fit over not having enough tomatoes in his salad at 2-years old. And salmon is one of their favorite meats.

It really erks me. People go into owning an animal without listening to others, because they read a book two years ago or had them as a kid and think they are an expert.
I read three books, did a ton of internet research, and talked to experts before I got my chickens, and I still considered myself inexperienced and amature. These dummies will just read a pamphlet and consider themselves a doctor in ornithtology.

The only way age affects your "rights" is by being old enough to vote, drive, drink, etc. How very lame - not to mention childish. How long has she been holding that over your head? Just wait until she turns 40, 50, 60, etc. She's going to HATE that she's older, and I hope you really rub it in. Heck, I'm older than either of you .... by 50+ years, meaning I'm older than your parents, too. But, that doesn't give me the right to make decisions about your belongings. The person who BUYS them and takes CARE of them, OWNS them. THEY are the ones who can make decisions about them. The end.
I know! that's exactly what I tried to tell her, but she wont listen. she thinks that because she has had more school and a few more years of "experience" gives her the right to do anything she wants. It drives me crazy. And the worst part is that my mom usually agrees with her.

I don't like mayo myself so I use Miricle whip it's lighter don't know if any healthier but I like it better that's all. And cholesterol hmmmmm were they talking about store bought eggs or farm eggs there is a big difference!! Had some store eggs the other day I actually got sick over them
I can't do Miracle Whip at all. Not even in tuna and I manage a little mayo in that. Don't like the taste. What is even better is when I smoke the tuna before I can it. Then mixing it with a bit of cream cheese.
Yeah i haaaateeee miracle whip lol And not sure what kind of eggs they meant, they didn't specify. But I assume store bought.
RE: So earlier today my sister was mad at me about something stupid and she walked over and without warning opened my coop door and let my dog- who is not trained- into the coop with my 2 month old chicks. He luckily didn't get any of them but it sure did scare the peewaddles out of them! I was so mad. And she continued to say "they are only chickens. You can just go buy another one for like 3 bucks." I don't think I have ever been so mad at her. Edited by The Golden Egg5 - Yesterday at 10:32 pm This is why I'm not bothered by the fact that my son is all that's left of my family. Family can be stressful. When I got married to my second ex-husband, I went back to college to complete my degree. I came home one day to find he had surprised me by making supper and he had used one of my very nice grip-stand mixing bowls from England to put it in to bake in the oven. I had a cow, yelling that it wasn't oven proof and would break. His response was that "a bowl's a bowl". I told him that next time I wanted to hang a picture, I'd use his finely calibrated torque wrench to hammer the nail, saying "a tool's a tool". That got his attention. So, the next time your sister feels entitled to decide what SHE can do with YOUR animals, find something of hers that she values that you can use to reciprocate. "You can get more for $3 apiece", indeed. That's not her call to make. Don't get defensive about it. Just be firm and assert that it's YOUR property, YOUR decision. Period. She hasn't the right to decide to endanger it. So, be sure "the worm turns", next time he pulls a stunt like that.
Isn't it nice he at least tried though? I mean, it's the thought that counts?
She is 19! Haha she isn't really so bad, she just has a few episodes where she just doesn't think before she does something- well I hope so I know! She has no respect for life sometimes. She is a good person, but sometimes she doesn't think about the consequences to her actions. She has no experience with animals and dosesnt know what to do around them. She is 19 and she just let her anger get out of hand. I was so mad. But we sat down and talked about it and she agreed that she just let her anger explode and that it will not happen again. She doesn't have the right at all. I explained that to her and at first she just said that she did have the right because she is older than me.... but that makes no sense to me. Just because she is older doesn't mean she is more intelligent, right? :smack Ikr I wish that they only costed 3 dollars!! And on top of the initial money, you have food, water, shelter, bedding etc... she doesn't get that! And on top of that, the money isn't even the issue, they are my pets! They are equal to my dogs and cats, but she just views them as dumb smelly chickens who are meant to give eggs and then die. :rant Haha I know and not to mention a good ol' wad o cash for killing one of my pets!
Oh that makes more sense but still haha I'm glad she agrees though
It's all about choices. Some people really like a soda with a meal, if you are trying to avoid empty calories, a diet soda fills both desires. The verdict is still out on the long term effects, but it isn't that strange of a choice. Life is short and you have to enjoy it, everyone makes choices that are detrimental to their physical or mental health, the question is what do you gain from those choices. Sweet fizzy goodness makes people happy.
I agree but at the same time, the way i look at it, if you're gonna cheat, just have the real thing but just have it very rarely. Better than pumping yourself with fake stuff daily
Ehhhhhhh I think the verdict is out on aspartame....:/ Anyhow, I totally get picking and choosing "bad" things to eat- my husband and I are pretty liberal with our cheat meals, but we eat stuff like Mexican food for those. Not great for you, but still real food. I was referring to the people who buy a bushel of Big Macs and fries then think ordering a *diet* soda is somehow going to undo all of that awful they just ingested, haha.
Yeah aspertame is naaaaastttyyyyy plus I hate the taste of diet soda. But I'm trying to drink no soda.
Oh my gosh. When I was in third grade, so probably 8-9 years old, I went on a road-trip with my grandparents down to California. For the three days we were driving and the week I was there, we ate nothing but fast food, At one point, I believe I asked for my grandma to buy a few apples. Later, I heard her complain to her friends on how my parents had "brainwashed her into eating healthy." That was an exact quote.
Oh man my grandparents in law are like that, haha. "Sorry your mean old parents won't let you eat this yummy candy." You mean....we won't let them eat themselves into a diabetic coma
1f914.png
That's horrible of them
Well, look at this whole gluten hysteria. People hear/read "something about gluten" being bad for you and dive in after it from the high board. Didn't pay attention to the facts, just heard the words "gluten" and "bad". But, reading up on it you learn that it's only bad for those with celiac disease or some other sort of gluten intolerance. In fact, going "gluten-free" without a good medical reason could actually be BAD for your heart. http://www.webmd.com/digestive-diso...ree-without-a-medical-reason?src=RSS_PUBLIC#1 Not to insult sheep, but people are like sheep ... better yet, they're like lemmings, following one another off a cliff.
Very true but I still feel like the processed stuff isn't good for you. Like bread and stuff like that they say is bad for depression and anxiety and I think altzimers? Besides of course making you fat. But gluten itself I don't think is bsd. I think if you're eating actual whole grains then it's good but processed breads and snacks and stuff not so much.
The only way age affects your "rights" is by being old enough to vote, drive, drink, etc. How very lame - not to mention childish. How long has she been holding that over your head? Just wait until she turns 40, 50, 60, etc. She's going to HATE that she's older, and I hope you really rub it in. Heck, I'm older than either of you .... by 50+ years, meaning I'm older than your parents, too. But, that doesn't give me the right to make decisions about your belongings. The person who BUYS them and takes CARE of them, OWNS them. THEY are the ones who can make decisions about them. The end.
It is probably a good thing we only see them about once a year.
I was a mean old mom, feeding my kids natural, whole foods, some grown in my own yard, some obtained from U-Pick fields, some bought at the Farmer's Market. Made them eat nasty stuff like steak and lobster, too. Very few "snack foods", like brownies, and I made those from scratch. Mean, Mean, Mean
Hahaha that's me!! They have to go get the eggs from the chicken house before we can make any ice cream from them
1f644.png
I love the pictures
Do the same thing with my kids. My middle son might be the only child to ever pitch a fit over not having enough tomatoes in his salad at 2-years old. And salmon is one of their favorite meats.
My 19 month old LOVES salmon. She will eat a whole filet all to herself, with steamed broccoli
1f609.png
I feel like that sort of thing happens most often with small, cheap animals like beta fish.
I know! that's exactly what I tried to tell her, but she wont listen. she thinks that because she has had more school and a few more years of "experience" gives her the right to do anything she wants. It drives me crazy. And the worst part is that my mom usually agrees with her.
Agree with the age thing And when I have kids I'll probably do that. We always ate horribly haha but my parents did used to cook a lot too but we'd also eat terrible stuff like cereal, McDonald's, tv dinners lol most kids do i think but I'm not going to My cousin eats like all gourmet/healthy stuff and always made the kids eat a lot of different foods from a very young age so her two are like you guys', love the healthy foods/request it, etc. But they also LOVE sriracha/hot sauce haha

Not to insult sheep, but people are like sheep ... better yet, they're like lemmings, following one another off a cliff.

But, but, but... Science!!!

Pretty much everything that we thought we knew back in the 60s and 70s about nutrition has been proven wrong: the food pyramid, salt, cholesterol, fats, etc., etc.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom