Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

Also: In middle school now, you can't write 7 - 3. It's now 3 + (-7). And division problems are written as fractions (which isn't terrible, but can get confusing.) You can't use the multiple sign (x) any more! It's just a small black dot now.

Wow that is so complicated and stupid!

Sorry misinterpreting it and starting all this.

And I don't think the meaning has changed, I think for me it was the way it was phrased like the "you're such a.." sounds harsher or something, idk how to explain. Like now "you're such a" is often used in insults like you're such a *****, such an idiot, etc. So i think that plus the lack of tone on the internet confused some. Sorry :/

Also sometimes people do use big softie as an insult but it's not common I don't think or those exact words.

But people do use like gay as an insult/if someone's too emotional, or like emo, etc.

So i guess they do use different words but it has become cool to make fun of people for being emotional. :/

But I now see you didn't for it to be that way and were in fact trying to be nice. I guess i also saw TKFG response at the same time and i guess interpretted it more negatively than i mighr have.

Which btw, sorry everyone got so defensive/mean back

I guess thanks for the compliment/warning

Let's just rewind the tape and start over. Ok? Although, reading your last post, I have to acknowledge that the English language has undergone quite a few changes in the last many years. I've heard the elementary and middle school kids use the phrase "You're so gay", and we assume they don't really know what it means, but NEVER an adult. Growing up, my peers and I had no idea what gay meant until we were in our early 20s and married! We'd certainly never use that expression now, especially since many of us have adult children who are gay. It's just potentially too hurtful b/c you don't know other people's circumstances. It's confusing that a generation that I'm told is so emotionally sensitive would use it.

So, it would seem our audience is larger and more diversified in age than any of us thought. It's like we're speaking completely different languages. And, you're right about the emotional thing ... people of my generation and before were taught not to be emotional with admonitions like, "oh, grow up", "don't be such a big baby", and "put on your big girl panties and deal with it". The guys got it even worse. In all honesty, though, many cultures are still that way, with Americans being the most emotional of all. Especially in recent history. Stoicism used to be thought of as a good thing - probably because it's so difficult to find more than 2-3 people who feel the same way. Feelings are largely a product of your upbringing, and that's different for everyone.

Let's get back to something we can all agree on, stupid things people say about chickens.

Quote:
To be honest that's what I do mentally for larger numbers. For me it's clearer in terms of tens. Although forcing you to learn that way is definitely not very good. As for (x) that one actually makes sense for all involved once Algebra comes into play you don't want 2xx4, not to mention Calculus... by that time it's almost mandatory for it to be a dot so it doesn't get confused with variables....

Last edited:
Let's just rewind the tape and start over. Ok? Although, reading your last post, I have to acknowledge that the English language has undergone quite a few changes in the last many years. I've heard the elementary and middle school kids use the phrase "You're so gay", and we assume they don't really know what it means, but NEVER an adult. Growing up, my peers and I had no idea what gay meant until we were in our early 20s and married! We'd certainly never use that expression now, especially since many of us have adult children who are gay. It's just potentially too hurtful b/c you don't know other people's circumstances. It's confusing that a generation that I'm told is so emotionally sensitive would use it.

So, it would seem our audience is larger and more diversified in age than any of us thought. It's like we're speaking completely different languages. And, you're right about the emotional thing ... people of my generation and before were taught not to be emotional with admonitions like, "oh, grow up", "don't be such a big baby", and "put on your big girl panties and deal with it". The guys got it even worse. In all honesty, though, many cultures are still that way, with Americans being the most emotional of all. Especially in recent history. Stoicism used to be thought of as a good thing - probably because it's so difficult to find more than 2-3 people who feel the same way. Feelings are largely a product of your upbringing, and that's different for everyone.

Let's get back to something we can all agree on, stupid things people say about chickens.

Gladly! Although sorry agaib

But yes I agree with everything you said and kids these days know, and do, so many things these days that I never did or would have dreamed of at that age.

I also attribute that to social media too. That and the loss of communication. Even at my school, kids will stand outside the class waiting for the door to be unlocked and they'll just all be on their phones... they could be talking and making real friends but nope.

I admit I'm guilty of being on my phone instead of talking to people in class (well not in class, we get out early and all hang out sometimes cause he's a really cool professor), even if I have taken a few classes or am friends with them. But I also somewhat get anxiety so I just avoid talking to people haha

Anyway, it's sad people don't know how to talk.

I also heard there are more narcissists now, like legitimate ones, because of social media and selfies/"fame" (dont get me started on internet fame lol) etc and I believe it.

Kids also don't get the physical facial expressions/emotions or verbal tone etc. Like for example, if you call someone fat in person, you can see their face scrunch up and you learn it doesn't feel good, etc. Whereas if you do it online there are no repercussions so you're like "hey this feels good/is funny hahaha". Its sad.

Part of why I'm glad i grew up somewhat before all this

And hmmm, yeah, i think there are benefits to both.

Oh and about the gay thing/sensitive country using it. I think it's a mixed bag. There definitely are a lot more sensitive people than there used to be, or at least they are more open about it, but there's also a lot of people who don't care or think that stuff is funny which is why so many people still say it. But people are very quick to call people out on stuff these days.

And I personally would never use that word but yeah

But yes, let's get back to the topic :)

I wish i had something dumb lol

Someone did walk down our driveway today though. Well not all the way, just a little ways and it's technically not our property yet, but still rude because our dog goes ballistic. They had a dog. I personally think people don't necessarily do it on purpose though, they just let their dog follow their nose, which, I mean, I do too, and our dog marks along there, but that's cause it's our property lol and I let him follow his nose to a point. I don't let him on others land. I don't even let him mark the light posts along the road cause that's barely on their property and is rude. Yet people walk like part way down our driveway all the time lately....

And btw, it's not even like there's nothing to sniff at the end of our driveway. There is a large lone tree and a stone he always marks that they could let their dog sniff if they wanted to let him get the "doggy mail" so to speak but noooo, they have to walk down our driveway.

Quote:
To be honest that's what I do mentally for larger numbers. For me it's clearer in terms of tens. Although forcing you to learn that way is definitely not very good. As for (x) that one actually makes sense for all involved once Algebra comes into play you don't want 2xx4, not to mention Calculus... by that time it's almost mandatory for it to be a dot so it doesn't get confused with variables....
I can see if you learn better that way but to force it is dumb And oh yeah, i actually remember using the dot. I agree, less confusing for the advanced stuff

We millennials are taught from a young age to always 'be nice'. We must be soft and caring always, and bully is a bad word. It's gotten to the point that a number of us are much more tender hearted than we probably should be, but I'm an older millennial, so I've hardened off since joining the real world. The older baby boomers simply had a different upbringing and outlook on life. Our two generations couldn't be more different in the way we articulate or display sarcasm.

Yepp- I couldn't agree more to this. I have a hard time with people my own age (20-30 somethings), because I am not soft or sensitive- I'm pretty honest and come with a "suck it up" type attitude about most things. That's what happens when you're raised in a military/cattle farming family, I suppose.

Oh and about the gay thing/sensitive country using it. I think it's a mixed bag. There definitely are a lot more sensitive people than there used to be, or at least they are more open about it, but there's also a lot of people who don't care or think that stuff is funny which is why so many people still say it. But people are very quick to call people out on stuff these days.
It depends on how it is used. Jokingly, between two friends, who are openly gay, saying something along the lines of "You're so gay." Is acceptable. Using it as an insult is not. The person who it is told to should kind of tell themselves, "Yes. I am gay." Not, "NO! I'M NOT! I'M INSULTED."

I know some people are really sensitive about people asking questions, but it honestly really annoys me when that is the case. If you are queer, you should educate people. Not make them think we are all stuck up and full of ourselves, and that we believe we are better than everyone else.

Back
Top Bottom