Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat - Part 2 : Chicken Boogaloo.

I've got to go all the way downtown tomorrow to do some "adult-ing" stuff with DH. We figured since we'll be out, & kid-free that we should take advantage & go on a lunch date. We don't eat out a lot because it kills me to spend so much money on food that is so unhealthy. When we do go out, I try to find places that are gonna be yummy & reasonably healthy. So, I spent this morning checking out restaurants near where we'll be. You cant imagine how many places in downtown San Diego that are tying to pull off an impossible mashup of novelty, posh, casual, healthy, gourmet, home cooked, designer food. Its ridiculous!!! I feel like I've wasted so much time online today weeding thru tapas bars, craft breweries & even a rooftop yoga café (Yes, I cringe a little when I say the words 'yoga' & 'cafe' in the same sentence.) :oops: I couldn't click off that site fast enough. I have nothing against yoga, cafes or rooftops, but $10 Zen smoothies with names like 'Love' & 'Goddess' & 'Euphoria' is not at all the lunch experience I'm hoping for. I don't think I could even order something like that with a straight face "Yes, we'd like an order of 'Pleasure', 'Lust' & 'Serenity' ...To go please." :lau I swear sometimes I feel like I live in the Twilight Zone. The final straw for me was finding a place that was listed as being health conscious & serving breakfast all day. I thought I'd finally found the right spot, but they lost all credibility when the menu descriptions all started out with "Brown Eggs served with...." Seriously? Brown eggs??? That was their big claim to Health Conscious Cuisine? (*smacks head.) Not Organic eggs, not cage-free, not free-range, not omega-3 enriched, not locally sourced ... brown, just brown. :smackLooks like I'll be packing sandwiches before I leave. Yep, I'm a pretty exciting date!

I've got to go all the way downtown tomorrow to do some "adult-ing" stuff with DH. We figured since we'll be out, & kid-free that we should take advantage & go on a lunch date. We don't eat out a lot because it kills me to spend so much money on food that is so unhealthy. When we do go out, I try to find places that are gonna be yummy & reasonably healthy. So, I spent this morning checking out restaurants near where we'll be. You cant imagine how many places in downtown San Diego that are tying to pull off an impossible mashup of novelty, posh, casual, healthy, gourmet, home cooked, designer food. Its ridiculous!!! I feel like I've wasted so much time online today weeding thru tapas bars, craft breweries & even a rooftop yoga café (Yes, I cringe a little when I say the words 'yoga' & 'cafe' in the same sentence.) :oops: I couldn't click off that site fast enough. I have nothing against yoga, cafes or rooftops, but $10 Zen smoothies with names like 'Love' & 'Goddess' & 'Euphoria' is not at all the lunch experience I'm hoping for. I don't think I could even order something like that with a straight face "Yes, we'd like an order of 'Pleasure', 'Lust' & 'Serenity' ...To go please." :lau I swear sometimes I feel like I live in the Twilight Zone. The final straw for me was finding a place that was listed as being health conscious & serving breakfast all day. I thought I'd finally found the right spot, but they lost all credibility when the menu descriptions all started out with "Brown Eggs served with...." Seriously? Brown eggs??? That was their big claim to Health Conscious Cuisine? (*smacks head.) Not Organic eggs, not cage-free, not free-range, not omega-3 enriched, not locally sourced ... brown, just brown. :smackLooks like I'll be packing sandwiches before I leave. Yep, I'm a pretty exciting date!

OMG!!! I'm sorry, but... :lau :lau

Maybe we're missing out on a key marketing phrase... label them ALL "brown eggs", maybe the other labels are too complicated. Wonder if anyone will complain if I sell "brown eggs" that just happen to be blue...

I just found this great thread! I moved to my area 5 yrs ago, was going to have chickens, finally found a good place, moved in, built a coop and have had chickens ever since. My sister and brother in law have some of the strangest beliefs about eggs Ive ever heard of. While i was staying with them while finding a home the 1st couple months i found they were buying eggs from a lady at their work. One morning there was this flurry of activity at the sink, i was told they found a feather in the egg crate and they were washing ALL the eggs in the crate because chickens are dirty. Well when i began getting eggs from my own chickens. i gave them a dozen every couple weeks. Soon, i would find my eggs up on top inside of their fridge and they would have a store bought carton in the egg place in their fridge. they would eat those but never mine. I finally just stopped giving eggs to them. My sister hates that i want to be a small farmer type and thinks chickens r filthy. i will never change her mind so just stay away from the subject. My neighbors love the eggs, my grandson will come and visit and will leave with as many as I can give him, he and his girlfriend just love them. They had never seen blue, green or dark brown eggs before either. His GF grew up with chickens so has a good attitude about it...

Maybe we're missing out on a key marketing phrase... label them ALL "brown eggs", maybe the other labels are too complicated. Wonder if anyone will complain if I sell "brown eggs" that just happen to be blue...

The blue & green eggs are my favorite! Is it too much to ask for a restaurant that serves up some locally grown green eggs & ham? They could call it The Seuss Café. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom