Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad moved from a farm in Iowa to a small town in NH where his father was a minister and his mother never lost her Quaker farming roots. He wanted to get as far away from his "humble country origins" as possible and would've thought I was out of my mind, had he lived to see me now. But, times change; what was once the "glamorous city" is now a crime infested drug haven filled with traffic and pollution. What once seem "unsophistocated and plebian", now is considered a simpler way of life most can only dream of.

It took a few generations, but it seems the "glitter of the wicked city" has tarnished, and people are beginning to appreciate the simpler/honest things in life.

Yup, but I was always like my dad, who grew up in the city, and love all animals, LOL. But totally agree.

I've got one! It's not about chickens but it made me laugh.

*My brother (6) and I sitting outside with the cat and some chickens*

Me: Oh great, the cats in heat.
Me: *Go inside*
about two minutes later I see my brother taking off his shirt, putting on the cat, etc.
Me: What are you doing?
My brother: I tried everything I could to keep her cool!

It's not about chickens but I just had to share.

I've got one! It's not about chickens but it made me laugh.

*My brother (6) and I sitting outside with the cat and some chickens*

Me: Oh great, the cats in heat.
Me: *Go inside*
about two minutes later I see my brother taking off his shirt, putting on the cat, etc.
Me: What are you doing?
My brother: I tried everything I could to keep her cool!

It's not about chickens but I just had to share.

Lol, my brother had no idea what to think when I said our goats were in heat. He's like, "well, it's not really that hot out........."

We were at the county air and a girl wanted me to go to her house to look at her duck EGGS that were being incubated and tell her what sex they were. I think they had only even been in there for a week, tops. AND, she had NO IDEA what candling even was, she thought I could tell by the outside of the egg or something. *MAJOR face palm*

We were at the county air and a girl wanted me to go to her house to look at her duck EGGS that were being incubated and tell her what sex they were. I think they had only even been in there for a week, tops. AND, she had NO IDEA what candling even was, she thought I could tell by the outside of the egg or something. *MAJOR face palm*

You mean *your* duck eggs don't have M or F stamped on them? Must not be pure breds.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
gig.gif

Funny never lived on a farm growing up but I understood in essence what candleing was by the cartoon shows I watched as a kid, I still today have not tried and don't know exactly how to candle the egg but at least I know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom