Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave a woman down the street a dozen eggs cause they were over a week old and I didn't feel right selling them. She made breakfast tacos from them and came by to sell me some!
Oh wow.
th.gif

A neighbor who bought some pullets told me my NNs wouldn't lay any eggs so she didn't want to buy them because they were probably diseased.

Ummmmmmmm:

, 1) I would never sell them, and I never said anything about them being for sale
2). They're actually my best layers, and started before any of this year's pullets
3) If you're so convinced that they are carrying disease, why would you buy ANYTHING from me in the first place?

She also told me that some mutts were not mutts like I said and were actually purebred Barred Rocks and RIRs (in fact, she told me they were show quality. They're not even close.). Ummmm, I'm pretty sure that Barred Rocks DON'T have pea combs and muffs and RIRs DON'T have slate legs. Omg, I wonder why these do then!?!?! Hmmmmm, couldn't be that I actually know my flock and chickens in general well enough to know that it's because they're not pure!

A neighbor who bought some pullets told me my NNs wouldn't lay any eggs so she didn't want to buy them because they were probably diseased.
Ummmmmmmm:
, 1) I would never sell them, and I never said anything about them being for sale
2). They're actually my best layers, and started before any of this year's pullets
3) If you're so convinced that they are carrying disease, why would you buy ANYTHING from me in the first place?
She also told me that some mutts were not mutts like I said and were actually purebred Barred Rocks and RIRs (in fact, she told me they were show quality. They're not even close.). Ummmm, I'm pretty sure that Barred Rocks DON'T have pea combs and muffs and RIRs DON'T have slate legs. Omg, I wonder why these do then!?!?! Hmmmmm, couldn't be that I actually know my flock and chickens in general well enough to know that it's because they're not pure!

Some people just don't get that when they open up their mouths, their brains are on parade!
lol.png

Years ago when I was in college I brought home to our dairy farm an inner-city Chicago girl. She walked in the house and her first words were: "My mother made me promise to ask you when was the last time you had a mass murder around here."

My whole family froze in shock, mouths open. The girl went on to say that everyone in the city knew how dangerous it was out in the country because people were always committing mass murders and then burying the bodies out in fields so they'd never be found. She said she only got permission from her mother to come visit if she promised that if there had been one of those mass murders recently she was to walk to the nearest bus stop and get home to the south side of Chicago where it was safe!

After we reassured her she was safe she enjoyed her visit, but it was a lesson to us about stereotypes. We never dreamed that city folk thought the country was as dangerous as we country folk thought the city was!

Years ago when I was in college I brought home to our dairy farm an inner-city Chicago girl. She walked in the house and her first words were: "My mother made me promise to ask you when was the last time you had a mass murder around here."

My whole family froze in shock, mouths open. The girl went on to say that everyone in the city knew how dangerous it was out in the country because people were always committing mass murders and then burying the bodies out in fields so they'd never be found. She said she only got permission from her mother to come visit if she promised that if there had been one of those mass murders recently she was to walk to the nearest bus stop and get home to the south side of Chicago where it was safe!

After we reassured her she was safe she enjoyed her visit, but it was a lesson to us about stereotypes. We never dreamed that city folk thought the country was as dangerous as we country folk thought the city was!

Holy cow!! Thank you, Truman Capote!

Had they never heard of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre?

Last edited:

No that isn't right we pull out the teeth and throw them in the out house or septic tank and feed the chopped up bodies to the hogs....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom