Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of these posts remind me of an old joke. A wealthy woman had car problems and the car broke down next to a service station, and the mechanic told her it would be a few hours to fix the auto. So the woman went across the street to the diner. The waitress took her drink order and listed the days specials that included a beef tongue sandwich. the rich lady stated she couldn't eat anything out of an animals mouth. So the waitress suggested an egg sandwich.

These people are examples of how distanced most North Americans (and people in the First World in general) have become from how their food's made and where it actually comes from. There is almost no explaining it to them if you're from a rural or Native culture, such as I am, except with the basic "This is how your ancestors did it as well, and they were healthier." I find it's the only line these people understand now. Of course, if something's bought in a store, they think it's inherently better because that's what they're taught by TV.

About a month or so ago, we got new next-door neighbors. To warm them up to the idea of living next to chickens, we gave them a dozen fresh eggs. As the boyfriend brought them in, the girlfriend said, "Don't eat those! You don't know where those have been!" The boyfriend replied... "Uh... they've been next door. You don't know where your storebought eggs have been."

It is getting to the time of year when my Cockerels are big enough to process. I live in a town and told a lady at work that I had processed two chickens. She said at your house? I said yes.

This week I told her that it was time to process three more, but this time I was taking them to a farm to process them. She said: "Good, it's not sanitary to process chickens in town."

smack.gif
It's more sanitary to process chickens on a Farm than at my house?

Ron

Last edited:
Oh lord people are so silly. At school I always bring eggs and people are amazied by how cool they look and how they actually taste like something! I recently started to kill some roosters to eat them and we also have 2 cows we are raising for slaughter. People are like how, "can you eat that poor animal! you even gave it a name?! How cruel!". At least I know my animals lived a happy life before they were eaten rather than caged and sent down the conveyer belt. I am happy that I have convinced some people to my ideas rather than the silly ideas they have about chickens and farm food.
Cruel??? CAFOs and factory farms are cruel. That continues to astound me. When food comes from anywhere but a plastic package at the grocery store, somehow it is dirty and inhumane. Some people are like mushrooms...fed sh** and in the dark.
Give me a warm egg out of the nest box anyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom