Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
angelbabyamy ask her if she gave birth to her children if she has any, if yes tell her the stretch marks water breaking and after birth sounds pretty darn disgusting to me, I mean why not go to the store and adopt one?????? I say this in jest nobody please take offense I am just trying to show absurdity with absurdity.

When people ask if my eggs taste different:

My eggs are 'cleaner' or 'stronger' tasting then store eggs becase of eh natural sunlight and diet, but the egg color is just the shell and like people the eggs are all the same inside.

That is why if you name your chickens they are the following: Fried, Rotisserie, fricassee, BBQ, grilled, southern fried, taco, baked, roasted, sweet and sour, generals.

We've already taken 7 of those names! After awhile we had to get creative, and now we have Kung pao, Nugget, Korma, Cacciatore, and even a duck named Balut. People think that's so cruel, but these are all the names of our laying hens. (...Cruel because the other chickens will tease her because of her name?) The meat rabbits don't even have names!

My friend's mom refuses to take my eggs when my birds start laying. She says they are dirty and will be covered in blood spots I don't know where she got that from. Maybe she got a bad egg?

My friend's mom refuses to take my eggs when my birds start laying. She says they are dirty and will be covered in blood spots I don't know where she got that from. Maybe she got a bad egg?

Or maybe she's just ignorant. You could try educating her or you could just let her be and share your eggs only with those who appreciate them. I took a 1/2 dozen with me yesterday to give to a friend with whom I had a lunch date - she was delighted and told me stories of the last fresh eggs she'd had which was a looong time ago. If my hens layed more eggs, I would be able to give everyone who really wants them even more. There are lots of people who really do want them.

Of course, there's always the dimwit in our neighborhood who decided we were "aliens" because we have a few chickens and only immigrants who don't know better keep chickens in their yards...(my immigrant forefathers were from Ireland 5 generations ago). He harassed my hubby (forefathers were immigrants from Mexico 3 generations ago) until I came out and told him to get a life and don't bother us any more unless he wants a taste of law enforcement.

Where I live, we're all immigrants or the descendants of immigrants unless we're Native Americans. But some people are just from outer space.

Oh, and he complained about our rooster. We don't have a rooster.

Kate

I think my parents were of a similar mind frame about Mexican immigrants having them but only because we lived in a mostly illegal immigrant neighborhood and the neighbors had lots of chickens. I think they think I have lost my mind.

Sadly my husband won't eat eggs because of what they are(un-born chickens), to him it is worse then eating veal. Explaining that if there is no rooster there is no chick and that it is like a menstrual cycle only made it worse I think. He has only had eggs once when he was a kid and they were store bought and to him tasted watery. After a real egg I finally get where he is coming from on that one, but when we first started we had lots of dumb thoughts. I know he thought you needed a rooster to lay eggs and we both thought the hens slept in the laying boxes.

I think my parents were of a similar mind frame about Mexican immigrants having them but only because we lived in a mostly illegal immigrant neighborhood and the neighbors had lots of chickens. I think they think I have lost my mind.

Sadly my husband won't eat eggs because of what they are(un-born chickens), to him it is worse then eating veal. Explaining that if there is no rooster there is no chick and that it is like a menstrual cycle only made it worse I think. He has only had eggs once when he was a kid and they were store bought and to him tasted watery. After a real egg I finally get where he is coming from on that one, but when we first started we had lots of dumb thoughts. I know he thought you needed a rooster to lay eggs and we both thought the hens slept in the laying boxes.
Does he eat cake, chocolate chip cookies or real home made Angle food cake? What about home made ice cream?

I bet he eats eggs every day.

The best quote about the eggs and being un born chicks is: Eggs are not alive, they are the potential for life.

Bye,

Yea I tell him this and he is okay with it being in stuff as long as he does not know but I can not get him to eat them alone. I am hopping when mine start laying I might get him to reconsider. I don't think he realized how much stuff eggs are in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom