Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aunt always cracked eggs in a bowl before adding them  to whatever.  She did that with both the eggs her hens produced and the eggs that came from the store.
when I was younger & an older lady from the church was teaching me to cook me said you should always break the eggs into a bowl before adding them to the food. That way if there's a broken shell, you don't have to dig through the food trying to get it out. Or if there's a bloody egg/bad egg, it's not already in the food. It wasn't to check for fertilization.

My nan tells me to do this for that reason, in case you get a bad egg. However, I like to live dangerously ;) I usually crack them into a jug when baking so I can beat them before adding them to food, but cooking fried eggs or such I just break them into the pan

I don't like duck eggs because they're very strong, and I find it unpleasant, but before I tried one I thought they were amazing. Maybe I'm the weird kid who likes to try new eggs. I've tried chicken duck turkey and quail, I want to try Ostrich :D

lol.. I've had duck, goose, turkey, quail, pigeon, emu, ostrich, rhea, pheasant, chukar.. and chicken eggs

Quote:
it is the feed.. ducks and geese who eat out of ponds and such where they are eating a lot of fish will have stronger eggs than ones who have been eating your chicken feed and weeds..

Quote:
frow.gif

I'm just a bit North of y'all

I didn't think ducks ate fish? Am I becoming an example of one of those silly people we laugh at on this thread? XD
lau.gif

Wikipedia says mallards (which all domestic ducks are descended from except muscovies) eat mostly insects of various types and plants, and occasionally frogs, but not fish.

Tadpoles aren't fish. Minnows I'll give you, in a pan, but in a stream or a pond with silt and dark water, my money's on the minnow every time.

To be fair though I did think it might have something to do with ducks getting more protein, but then my quail get much more protein than chickens and their eggs aren't rich like duck eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom