Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You know when you eat your chicken's eggs , your eating their children right?!"

I don't tell people I own chickens to avoid stupid questions like these.

What do they think they're eating when they eat chicken, pork, beef, lamb, fish, caviar, etc?

D'oh!

If people would stop being emotional and start being logical, we'd all be better off.

I just wanted to sat thank you to all who responded to my post. It is very hard for those in the poverty trap, and even harder to get out. Not all poor people are drop out and dead beats as we are led to believe, and most would give their all to get out of the situation. Society today has taught us to turn our back and to scorn the 'scroungers'. I was lucky that a friend helped me to set upy business as it was a sound idesa, no bank or loan firm would touch me due to where i lived and the situation i was in. I would ask all of those who shrug their sholders and distain these people, how easy would it be for you to end up there if you lost your job or husband or home. It doesnt take a lot to drop you into the poverty trap, but takes forever to get out. Thank you for yourtime and consideration.

:/:rolleyes:;):D :lol: :frow :clap
:goodpost:

Last edited:
I just wanted to sat thank you to all who responded to my post. It is very hard for those in the poverty trap, and even harder to get out. Not all poor people are drop out and dead beats as we are led to believe, and most would give their all to get out of the situation. Society today has taught us to turn our back and to scorn the 'scroungers'. I was lucky that a friend helped me to set upy business as it was a sound idesa, no bank or loan firm would touch me due to where i lived and the situation i was in. I would ask all of those who shrug their sholders and distain these people, how easy would it be for you to end up there if you lost your job or husband or home. It doesnt take a lot to drop you into the poverty trap, but takes forever to get out. Thank you for yourtime and consideration.
Bravo n well said! We have always been mid class but things are getting tighter so we spend less too offset it there's alot of good, hardworking people out there that are a paycheck away from devestation. I think it's way to easy to judge than to be empathetic towards others

This used to be a thread that I tuned into every day to take the edge off. Lately I'm not amused but concerned. I've seen another favorite thread of mine shut down because of being continually off topic. This is a place to tell funny stories and jokes ain't it? I really enjoy and look forward to reading those. How come we're on all these social issues here? There's a time and place for everything. For the record, I'm poor, That and the fact that I love animals more than people is the reason that I raise chickens and pork. I feed my family and my animals are very special to me. What is a vegan doing raising chickens, let alone joining a chicken site if nothing else than to cause trouble. I'm not on your site posting pictures of my chicken dinner. Lets get back to the funny stories!

This used to be a thread that I tuned into every day to take the edge off. Lately I'm not amused but concerned. I've seen another favorite thread of mine shut down because of being continually off topic. This is a place to tell funny stories and jokes ain't it? I really enjoy and look forward to reading those. How come we're on all these social issues here? There's a time and place for everything. For the record, I'm poor, That and the fact that I love animals more than people is the reason that I raise chickens and pork. I feed my family and my animals are very special to me. What is a vegan doing raising chickens, let alone joining a chicken site if nothing else than to cause trouble. I'm not on your site posting pictures of my chicken dinner. Lets get back to the funny stories!
goodpost.gif
Agreed! If people want to talk about politics and poverty they should go in the random ramblings section, not on a thread about chicken stories and jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarisus

goodpost.gif
Agreed! If people want to talk about politics and poverty they should go in the random ramblings section, not on a thread about chicken stories and jokes.

Ditto!

Last edited:
That being said, I think its funny when people don't want to eat eggs, milk, honey, ect. because it came from animal labor, and I think what about the people who pick your fruit and vegatables? That's human labor! They're gonna make these things whether you eat them or not so they're laboring no matter what
idunno.gif

For all you vegans: I also grow a big garden, to feed my family and animals. Do you wear leather, either on your coat or boots? Better check your closet! I am sure that if you deeply checked your lifestyle you will find you are using animal products somewhere. Don't be so quick to judge. If all you want to eat is carrots fine, just be nice to them when u pull them out. For *^#$ sakes! As for being poor: I'm there with ya! Poor is as poor does I think. I don't have a big savings or investment account, but I make sure my family and friends eat good and healthy. Being poor has forced me to get more in touch with nature and realize our actual needs in life. There is no better contentment than knowing you are being a good animal "husband" and seeing the benefits of it. I think this can be overlooked if you don't need to look at it. Does that make sence? Rich people are missing out. Enough rants, this is supposed to be humorous. I'm gonna go check my chickens and have a beer.

I am so glad I came across this thread! I can't believe the dumb comments I get from people and it feels so much better knowing I'm not the only one! I can't tell you how many people I know won't eat my eggs because they are 'fresh' and won't eat my meat birds or stock although they eat store bought chicken all the time. It's a scary world we live in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom