Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week when my contractor was here my girls collected one blue and one white egg. He said to his worker, " they don't look like that in the store because they bleach them. Only the healthy organic ones are brown".

Whoa. Watch out. Lecture from a FOUR YEAR OLD, highly anti Micky D's, Food Inc watcher ensued.
My heart swelled with pride!

Last edited:
My brother inlaw and his wife were visiting. I was packing up a fresh dozen eggs and asked if they wanted them. They said Nooo. They couldnt eat brown eggs that came from chickens in my backyard. We had some store bought white eggs that had been in the fridge for a couple of weeks. So I asked if they wanted some month old store eggs. "Yeah sure we will. eat those". Go figure
Store eggs don't come from chickens. They grow all clean and sanitary in those little styrofoam cartons.

Last week when my contractor was here my girls collected one blue and one white egg. He said to his worker, " they don't look like that in the store because they bleach them. Only the healthy organic ones are brown".

Whoa. Watch out. Lecture from a FOUR YEAR OLD, highly anti Micky D's, Food Inc watcher ensued.
My heart swelled with pride!
Give him a colored egg. Ask him to take it home and try to bleach it. Then tell him to report back to you what luck he had. Then tell us.

All the comments about "you gotta have a rooster to have eggs" has me looking at my husband... the so-called "expert" and more experienced flock raiser in the family (he raised chickens, ducks and turkeys, with his previous wife). He insisted that we had to get a rooster to have eggs. I looked at him, and said "No. You do not have to have a rooster to get eggs."

"Yes, you do!"

"No. You do not. You have to have a rooster to fertilize those eggs, but you do not need a rooster to have your hens produce eggs. Since I intend to hatch eggs, either through a broody hen (if I'm lucky to get any that go broody), or incubate them in a incubator, so that I no longer have to buy day-old chicks in the future, it's a moot point... we're going to have a rooster."

With a knowing smirk on his face, he states "we'll see." I then asked him if he or his ex-wife ever incubated or allowed his hens to hatch any eggs, and he answers "No, we were always told we had to have a rooster to have our hens lay eggs."
gig.gif

This was all said BEFORE I ordered day-old chicks, and was studying/researching myself on this new hobby of mine, as I'm one of those that learns as much as possible before I actually get into it, so I can eliminate the majority of learning mistakes.

BTW, I asked him the other day if he knew what "chicken math" was. The answer? "Nope." Had to tell him I'm afflicted with it. LOL!

I must be in the minority here. I happen to like McDonalds sausage egg McMuffins. I like KFC, too.As for the yolkless egg sandwiches, they are responding to what the consumer (some consumers) want. I think they are misguided, but that is me. Ranks right up there with ordering a double cheeseburger, large fries, and a diet Coke.

Did anyone in the area you live actually get through the third grade (other than yourself of course)? The ignorance *and* stupidity I read and hear sometimes makes me wish that something would come along and wipe out the human race so we can start over and maybe do better the second time around.
Actually, that's been done, and it didn't work. It's called the Great Flood. Here we are, in the same scenario. I would call it "liberalism"... low-information voters, whatever you want to call it... and it's a terminal-disease. So, no fixing it.

I must be in the minority here. I happen to like McDonalds sausage egg McMuffins. I like KFC, too.As for the yolkless egg sandwiches, they are responding to what the consumer (some consumers) want. I think they are misguided, but that is me. Ranks right up there with ordering a double cheeseburger, large fries, and a diet Coke.

But if you are a dieabetic and eating fast food your choice of beverages are usually water, diet soda, sometimes unsweetened tea or coffee. so would you deny them the diet soda (that does not contain sugar)? I understand you meant someone counter reacting the callories in the food with a diet soda when they would usually drink a regular soda,but there is always 2 sides to every coin. Also everyone remembers the "documentary" super size me where a guy eats fast food and if asked he'd tell them yes to up sizeing the meal or an additonal item like a slice of pie, etc. A co-worker has been watching similar "documentaries" to see both sides of an issue and he saw one where someone wondered if that was true, and decided he didn't believe it 100% so he made his own doucmentary he researched the fast food places menus and callorie counts and proved eating 3 meals a day you could actually lose weight, but it was simply making informed choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom