Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me they don't want to eat fertilized eggs because "They have babies inside them!'.
I think the worst one was last night at a town council meeting. One of the guys on the council had driven by and had seen our coop setup. He wanted to know if he was gonna get some eggs. I said, "Sure. Should be plenty." Then I asked if anyone else wanted eggs when the girls start laying. Everyone there but one said they did......the holdout said he didn't eggs, store bought or otherwise. He said, "Won't touch 'em. They're chicken abortions." Eeewwww

I think the worst one was last night at a town council meeting. One of the guys on the council had driven by and had seen our coop setup. He wanted to know if he was gonna get some eggs. I said, "Sure. Should be plenty." Then I asked if anyone else wanted eggs when the girls start laying. Everyone there but one said they did......the holdout said he didn't eggs, store bought or otherwise. He said, "Won't touch 'em. They're chicken abortions." Eeewwww

That covers a lot of bases on the
roll.png
field.

It's not an abortion if there was never a chick to begin with.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Yesterday someone wanted only the eggs where there was a rooster in the coop. The ones without a rooster laid eggs that weren't fit to eat.

Both of those continue to make me wonder how people can reach adulthood and learn so little about anything along the way.

I have a couple of friends (BF and GF), he's a doctor, she's a nurse. We were talking about chickens and I mentioned roosters. The nurse asked what a rooster was. Her BF and I looked at her in awe. She didn't understand our shock. She said she knows everything about medicine but nothing else. How true.
idunno.gif

Even if a kid watches cartoons, (Foghorn Leghorn) one would learn what a rooster was.

Last edited:
I work at a vegetarian institution and we have a lot of students that can't wait to go home on break and eat meat. They are usually sick for days. I always warn them!

I've heard that before. I don't think I would make it at your institution though. My sister is a vegetarian and when she comes to visit, I forego meat and fish and eat what she does. After a week or so, I get to feeling very ill. Seriously. I don't necessarily crave meat; it's just without it I get sick. When she asks me what is wrong, I simply tell her eating all that healthy food isn't good for a person. Apparently it isn't for me. On the other hand, after being a vegetarian for years my sister ate a small amount of roast beef at a dinner party to be polite and it made her very sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom